Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marisue: Winner
Terence: Loser

Woo. We had borrowed this game from our FLGS as Buck often insists we try a game before we buy it. We got it home, Terence made quick work of the 8 pages of instructions and we set upon our learning game. A game which I lost, I must point out. We played it again Sunday morning, then decided it was in fact the coolest game we've played in quite some time, got dressed and returned to our FLGS to aquire our own copy.

Tonight was the first session with "our" copy of the game - I had by this time settled into a strategy of finding as many water buffalo & moutain goats as I could while maintaining a balance of getting enough herbs, honey & mushrooms to maintain health & stamina and building a few useful items. I was able to capture the boots and the arrow, making "helping" Candamir very doable as well as catching most snakes. Also, this time was the first time I was able to capture more completed mission cards than Terence, giving me a very early cube lead.

I had gotten a fairly early cube lead and when I noticed Terence was starting to gain some ground, I found the last water buffalo which allowed me to get rid of my last 2 cubes since it gave me majority in the wheat fields.

All in all, a very good 2 plus player game from the settler family and we are very happy to have it in our collection. Terence, having lost 2 of the 3 first outings, is maintaing that the game smells like poop and says I'll rue the day... Whatever. *HappyCandamireDance*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.