GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Aether Captains: The Search» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions after first game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished creating the print and play version and had try the game once. Overall it's a good quick pace game but there are many questions arose in our first game and I cannot found any answers from the rules and the forum. Anyone can help?

1. The idea of adjusting the map cards is a bit flunky, I mean if there is illegal placement underway players should adjust, between the police and the criminal arguments are most likely to happen about how the adjustment should happen. I know, there is a solution where you set the map cards first before choose the role and throw a coin for players' role. But the setup phase says players choice the role first.
2. The 'Call In Reinforcement' card let police player to spawn an officer from the reserve. This mean the player need an officer pawn in one of the police station to do this. And the recently spawned officer is spawned into the police station as well. Now, the condition is, there are 2 stations on the map. With this condition, can the officer spawn into the other station than the station with police officer who spawned him?
3. During a players turn, can he not doing anything (not playing card or moving) but discard unwanted or not useful card to refill another?
4. When an objective is met, player immediately win?

Please help.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for play. will do my best to answer your questions

1. i understand what you are asking about. yes i suppose there is a slight unfairness in having the role chosen after placing the map cards. it was my intention that the map cards were shuffled and placed randomly row by row and if there was an illegal placement it was adjust at that point.

if you prefer to choose roles first that is ok.

2. no the new police officer is spawned in the same station that the officer pawn is in

3. there are not very many cards in the deck but if you would like to discard one card you may do so to draw one new card

4. yes when the objective is met that player wins immediately
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.