Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex hadn't played and so requested this (being a fan of the movie) and I (being a fan of the game) found no quarrel. Darth Maul (myself) conceded the first two wars while Qui-Gon (Alex) brought out a barrel of high value attack cards. I held onto a retreat card after war 1 looking for a better opportunity. War 2 was the crucial one. With my second retreat card in my hand, battles 2 and 3 were retreated and, whilst conceding the war, I had a fist full of cards including double use of 2 'Use The Force' cards. The next 2 wars were landslides as a result giving me the double victory bonus in each and allowing me to take the game.

This was unusually quick for the game as we didn't get through the decks once. I've played others which have gone down to the final card in the final battle in the final war after going through the decks once or twice. Now that's tension!

A rating of 7 after 5 playings for a good game I like to play. It doesn't have that instant 'lets play again' feel, but its themed superbly, lots of fun ('choose wisely' and 'I use the force' quotes thrown around liberally in deep intonations), usually well balanced, with good bluff and counterbluff opportunities. Alex's comment "Yep, that's quite good, I'd play that again".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.