GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,567 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Hegemonic» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter: How much must I pay for shipping if I live in Germany? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I don't really get it, so... how much must I pay for shipping if I live in Germany?

I read the explanation text about shipping and there it was explained that the games to the EU will be shipped from germany, that it will cost 26€ per game and that all backers shall pay 25$.

25$ is actually round about 18€ so it seems a little bit expansive to ship a game from germany to germany. Or is this why no one can handle each copy in that detail so one can say to germany 7€, to spain 11€ and so on?

I don't want to complain about the price, I want to understand what I must pay. I still have the option to pick it up at Essen 2013 if the shipping costs are to much for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas P. Felder
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eigentlich ist das auf der KS-Seite unmißverständlich beschrieben: Es sind bloß die 25 USD (das ist wenig im Vergleich zu anderen KS-Projekten) mit dem weiteren Vorteil, daß Du keinen Zoll zahlen mußt und das Paket direkt an Dich ausgeliefert werden kann (je nachdem wie weit weg Du von Deinem Zollamt wohnst, ein enormer Vorteil).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I probably confused people by stating the real costs. My point was that we're covering about $10 of real shipping costs in your pledge (which is about what the USA people get), but you must pay the rest. So we're asking for $25 USD to cover the rest. As the game will get shipped from Brave New Worlds who is in Germany/EU, you will not have to pay any VAT or Custom charges on top of that either!

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Thomas and James for the explanation. I already backed the game and am keen to try it in july...

Good luck with the game James and see you in Essen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@James: I've backed the 'Essen Spacer' option but now that I've read that the game will be sent from Brave new World I'm thinking about to change my backing option to be able to receive my game from them (and paying the shipping costs). Will this be possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
@James: I've backed the 'Essen Spacer' option but now that I've read that the game will be sent from Brave new World I'm thinking about to change my backing option to be able to receive my game from them (and paying the shipping costs). Will this be possible?

These kind of things make my life a logistical headache

But if you pay the $25 in paypal to webmaster@miniongames.com and then send me a message in Kickstarter that you want it mailed instead from BNW I will not your account and it should all work out.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
rashktah wrote:

These kind of things make my life a logistical headache

But if you pay the $25 in paypal to webmaster@miniongames.com and then send me a message in Kickstarter that you want it mailed instead from BNW I will not your account and it should all work out.

James
Hi!

Life would be far too easy without such small hickups, wouldn't it?

I've just sent 25 USD via Paypal and will now notifiy you via Kickstarter, too.

Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.