GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,810 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Rules for Capital Ships? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I used to love the Xwing vs Tie Fighter pc game from years ago. In it, you can fight against the bigger ships. They had components on them that you could target. Each Engine had to be blown to stop it. Shield Generators were hard to blow, but if you did, they lost all shield power. The bridge could be targeted. Turrets could also be targeted.

I figure if you wanted to do something along these lines, you give the components a shield and hull score and then have some rules as to what would happen if they were blown. It could make it interesting if one side needed to stop or delay a capital ship. Maybe Tie Fighters chasing a Corellian Cruiser or Rebels trying to stop a Destroyer.

One thing I don't know is size of scale to really make it that big. Another thing is how many guns each ship is suppose to have. I'm sure there are some sort of technical docs that have all this somewhere and a bigger fan than I am has looked it up.

Is there already someone working on rules like these? I would love to see them. I have seen some game mats, but that's just the mats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aguirre
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this out...http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/912793/capital-starship-rule...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FriendFive wrote:

Awesome! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.