GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,203 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Bloody April, 1917: Air War Over Arras, France» Forums » Rules

Subject: Air setup and Endurance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mart van de Wege
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Hi,

A minor point, as I can't seem to find it in the rulebook: what is the Endurance used for units that setup in the air? Just 1 Endurance per TtC level, aka the minimum Endurance needed to get to that level?

Note: I know take-off takes two endurance, but it also takes two turns and you get a free climb in turn 2.

Mart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're that it doesn't seem to be in the rule book. Like you suggest, we play it 1 per TtC level plus 1 for each hex away from your 'drome. I believe flights are allowed to start up to three hexes away from their 'drome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given these rules for the off-map Aerodrome:

Quote:
Flights taking off from this aerodrome will always start the game airborne in the entry hex on the map having expended Endurance equal to their starting Time to Climb marker plus two for takeoff.

I'd say that's the way to handle it. I can see the "1 END per hex" being fair if you assume the pilot is pushing the plane pretty hard to get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jardeon wrote:
Given these rules for the off-map Aerodrome:

Quote:
Flights taking off from this aerodrome will always start the game airborne in the entry hex on the map having expended Endurance equal to their starting Time to Climb marker plus two for takeoff.

I'd say that's the way to handle it. I can see the "1 END per hex" being fair if you assume the pilot is pushing the plane pretty hard to get there.

Yeah, good point. The 1 END per hex probably isn't necessary . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.