Popular Tags: [View All]
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering what people think of the endgame of this one. From reading the rules, it appears to be less interesting than that of the original game and especially the Elder Kings and Kyros expansions. In Island, it seems you simply draw cards from a special deck until you find the big baddie and kill him or die, all in one turn. Maybe something interesting happens as you go through the silver deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spoiler on the endgame:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Once you go to the Isle of Dread, you draw and fight silvers. If defeated some of these allow you to leave the Island, some allow you to skip the next encounter, etc. Assif Shib Shah himself may potentially take control of your allies and have them attack you. So the end encounter can be pretty interesting, since there is a lot of variability on what you will face. You may face some strong silvers and not be ready for the end encounter. For me, I was ready for the end encounter with strong allies, but then Assif took my allies and used them against me, so I died. In this game there is a heavy emphasis on getting map tokens to get you legendary items, that will help you win the end encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dockter
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The endgame is pretty good, but I like the Scepter of Kyros better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The endgame is tougher than the red challenges in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.