Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tonight we had a game where my opponent caused a few pieces to snap together while he was taking his turn, with the result that a small tower of about 4 pieces was laying on it's side and rolled into a standing tower of about 4-5 pieces. During my conversion, I picked up the standing tower a little too quickly, and the tower laying on it's side that rolled into it did not snap up onto it, but instead it began rolling some more and caused a couple pieces to drop (or perhaps snapped onto them).

The way we played this was that the section I had managed to pick up I took back into my hand, and the section that stayed on the board and caused a fault - he was then able to convert into his color and my turn ended. Was this correct? or should the laying tower that rolled should also have come into my hand since I should have picked it up to begin with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Furr
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
facesnorth wrote:
Tonight we had a game where my opponent caused a few pieces to snap together while he was taking his turn, with the result that a small tower of about 4 pieces was laying on it's side and rolled into a standing tower of about 4-5 pieces. During my conversion, I picked up the standing tower a little too quickly, and the tower laying on it's side that rolled into it did not snap up onto it, but instead it began rolling some more and caused a couple pieces to drop (or perhaps snapped onto them).

The way we played this was that the section I had managed to pick up I took back into my hand, and the section that stayed on the board and caused a fault - he was then able to convert into his color and my turn ended. Was this correct? or should the laying tower that rolled should also have come into my hand since I should have picked it up to begin with?

Nope, you played correctly. Basically, treat any fault during a capture attempt the same way as one during placement of a leaner.

--
Mark Furr
Director of Player Services
Temple Games, Inc.
Mark@TempleGames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Furrball wrote:
Nope, you played correctly. Basically, treat any fault during a capture attempt the same way as one during placement of a leaner.

So, when you're placing a tower created by your opponent as the result of a fault, and you cause a fault by trying to place the tower, it doesn't actually revert to your opponent to try to place the tower as the printed rules say? What are the actual rules for that case, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faults when placing a tower are handled the same as when placing a leaner: if the you cause a fault and the tower is still in your hand, it goes back into your supply; if the tower is on the table (and out of your hand) when the fault occurs, your opponent may have a chance to recapture that tower (depending on the nature of the fault).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Furr
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Blackberry wrote:
So, when you're placing a tower created by your opponent as the result of a fault, and you cause a fault by trying to place the tower, it doesn't actually revert to your opponent to try to place the tower as the printed rules say? What are the actual rules for that case, then?

Chris is correct.

Unfortunatly, that part in the rules get misread that way quite a bit. Try the updated rules at:
http://www.polaritygame.com/images/polarityrules.pdf
And the Strategy Guide at:
http://www.polaritygame.com/images/polarity_strategy_guide.p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.