GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Ground Floor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

After playing around with the game a couple of times -- once alone as a test run and once in three player -- I have a couple of questions, with my understanding in parenthesis afterwards:

1) Does the Retail specialty start the game with two cubes? (Yes)

2) Do remodeled rooms count as T.I. for scoring purposes, e.g., T.I. Achievement? (No)

3) Is playing a time token mandatory? (Yes)

That last one might need a bit of explanation: In the 3p game, we had a situation where the only place that I could play my final token was the advertising agency. I was a solid middle popularity with the public relations improvement and no way to catch the leader, so there was no real benefit to advertising. On the other hand, I held the exact amount of money that I needed to build a floor, and it was not assured that I could get money from the retailers. In short, it was fairly risky to play that last token, so I wasn't enthused about it. Was I obligated to do so? My reading of the rules is that you place until you can't, not until you don't want to.

Is that all of that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AATLEMIDRM wrote:
That last one might need a bit of explanation: In the 3p game, we had a situation where the only place that I could play my final token was the advertising agency.
You can place TMs on your Ground Floor rooms more than once. So unless you replaced both your Meeting Room and your Advertising department -- not the Advertising Agency in the City, the one on your private Player board -- with TIs, you can always have another meeting or drop another TM into Networking for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
1. not sure, should look it up
2. You're correct, the answer is no.
3. It is mandatory, but you can play multiple time markers on your ground floor rooms. So just take an extra info, cube, ... if you don't know what to do with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
AATLEMIDRM wrote:
That last one might need a bit of explanation: In the 3p game, we had a situation where the only place that I could play my final token was the advertising agency.
You can place TMs on your Ground Floor rooms more than once. So unless you replaced both your Meeting Room and your Advertising department -- not the Advertising Agency in the City, the one on your private Player board -- with TIs, you can always have another meeting or drop another TM into Networking for free.

Yup, rooms on your ground floor can be repeated as many times as you want, but you can only activate them once per your turn.

In other words you can't drop four tokens on Meeting and get 4 Info in one turn, you'd have to do it one token at a time over four turns.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AATLEMIDRM wrote:
Hi all,

After playing around with the game a couple of times -- once alone as a test run and once in three player -- I have a couple of questions, with my understanding in parenthesis afterwards:

1) Does the Retail specialty start the game with two cubes? (Yes)

This is correct.

Quote:
2) Do remodeled rooms count as T.I. for scoring purposes, e.g., T.I. Achievement? (No)

This is correct.

Quote:
3) Is playing a time token mandatory? (Yes)

This is correct, and as others have pointed out, you're almost certain to have a free spot on your player board to place a time token. If you have replaced your Meeting room and your Advertising department (name escapes me at the moment), and if you don't have a cube to spend on Research and Testing (or have replaced that with a TI as well), then you may have to do something you don't want to do.

It may be key to note that you may visit your Ground Floor rooms more than once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
If you have replaced your Meeting room and your Advertising department (name escapes me at the moment)
The name of the space as listed on the player board is just "Advertising." (I can see the fact that the name of this room is extremely similar to the "Advertising Agency" on the City board leading to player confusion.) So I'd say "Advertising Department" or "Advertising Room" is as good a name as any for that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no idea that you could play on the rooms more than once. Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Thessaloniki
Macedonia
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
There is no knowledge that is not power
mbmbmbmbmb
one more question, page 15 states "players may purchase 1 improvement per time marker in the construction company". So is it possible to have 3 time markers and purchase 1 T.I. and 2 floor improvement tiles?

page 10 "there are 3 types of marketing. Only 1 type may be chosen for each time marker placed in the Agency" does that mean per player??? meaning that only 3 time markers can be placed at least there per player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Siromist wrote:
one more question, page 15 states "players may purchase 1 improvement per time marker in the construction company". So is it possible to have 3 time markers and purchase 1 T.I. and 2 floor improvement tiles?

If you use 3 separate turns to place tome markers (1 at a time) in the Construction building then you can build 1 thing when each one resolves (assuming you can afford it).

So yes, if you go into that space three times, you can build 1 TI and 2 Floors.

Quote:
page 10 "there are 3 types of marketing. Only 1 type may be chosen for each time marker placed in the Agency" does that mean per player??? meaning that only 3 time markers can be placed at least there per player?

That means that each time marker placed in this location, when it comes time to resolve, must choose which of the three boxes to go into. It doesn't matter how many players go to this location in a round, or how many times any given player goes there.

It's just saying you can't choose both Networking AND Broadcast with the same time marker, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.