Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Spoto
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the wife and I finally got a chance to try out our new copy of Plunder. The rules took a bit of going over to figure out. The revised rules posted here on The Geek were of great help.

We started off going our seperate ways. Janelle went north and set up a Spanish port. I took out a small treasure fleet to score 20 silver, but that made Spain my enemy. I would later set up a French port to the south and through a happy coinidence (of my making), Spain and France were soon at war with one another.

Janelle took a Sloop on and claimed it as her new ship. She then began shipping Cloth from Tortuga to her Spanish port to make a couple silver a trip. I took on a Pirate Brig and took it as my new ship. I was soon shipping Spices from Tortuga to my French friends and earning a little cash.

Janelle was soon able to upgrade to a merchantman thanks to a trade with a group of Natives. She was quickly shipping more cloth for even more money. I couldn't get a ship to save my life! It later turned out that Janelle was hoarding them all. She upgraded again to a large ship (I think it was a Galleon). Next turn she took on a First Mate that gave her a +2 to selling value of trade goods. I was still puttering around in my Brig making chump change. She ran one load of Cloth and made 100 silver! I had only 33 silver total.

Final score:
Janelle - 104 silver
Mike - 33 Silver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.