GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,129 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Shawn Hendrickson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! Recently got into the board gaming community, and now that I've accumulated a collection of games...I'm kind of looking to get into some gaming with other people. Would anyone be interested in getting something together?

I'm located in Maple Grove, Minnesota - but the game store that I frequent is actually a really great place, a little shop in Anoka called Village Games. They've got tons of tables set up in back for doing some gaming, plus they have a selection of games to rent for an evening (I believe it's something like $1-2, either for a night or for a few hours).

My schedule, unfortunately, is kind of hectic due to me working second shift retail, which is great since Village is usually only open during the evening, but Sundays during the day work great for me.

If anyone's curious, my collection is mostly up-to-date - though I also have Carcassonne and half a dozen expansions.

Anyone interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right city for the right hobby! Check out the Minnepapolis/St Paul thread, where people often post about events... and monthly there is a great event called the Minneapolis Board Game Marathon that has a packed house every time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also check out the various gaming Meetups in the area. I run a weekly Wednesday night event for the Twin Cities Board Game Meetup at the FFGEC in Roseville.

http://www.twincitiesboardgames.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also check out TCAT thread (Twin Cities Ameritrash). After looking at your collection, it looks like you enjoy AT games.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/710797/tcat-twin-cities-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Perrella
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
with a purposeful grimace
badge
and a terrible sound
mbmbmbmbmb
Village just set up a regular boardgaming night on Fridays with demos, discounted game rentals, and a weekly sale (they've been doing 20% on a different publisher every Friday for the past few weeks).

Really good time to get involved there. There are new owners and they're doing a great job of catering to boardgamers. One of the new owners is fairly active on BGG, I'm sure he'll see this and chime in. (Hi, Mike Z!)

Check out the website, they maintain a current schedule, there is usually something going on every night.

I'm usually there on Tuesdays, the Tuesday crew is pretty eclectic. We just finished up a Warmachine league, but we play a lot of AT games and lately a few of us are getting into Legend of the Five Rings.

I think tomorrow (Tues) there will be a few guys playing open Warmachine, and I think Doom (boardgame) and Rallyman are planned, along with maybe a little L5R.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
big_ragu wrote:
Village just set up a regular boardgaming night on Fridays with demos, discounted game rentals, and a weekly sale (they've been doing 20% on a different publisher every Friday for the past few weeks).

Really good time to get involved there. There are new owners and they're doing a great job of catering to boardgamers. One of the new owners is fairly active on BGG, I'm sure he'll see this and chime in. (Hi, Mike Z!)

Check out the website, they maintain a current schedule, there is usually something going on every night.

I'm usually there on Tuesdays, the Tuesday crew is pretty eclectic. We just finished up a Warmachine league, but we play a lot of AT games and lately a few of us are getting into Legend of the Five Rings.

I think tomorrow (Tues) there will be a few guys playing open Warmachine, and I think Doom (boardgame) and Rallyman are planned, along with maybe a little L5R.

Damn, I wish it wasn't such a drive for me (from Woodbury)....plus I work in Hudson, WI. I need to make time to check Village out sometime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hendrickson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
big_ragu wrote:

I go up there frequently as well (I do the Thursday night 40k league). Only issue with me trying to go up on a Friday is my work schedule - only day I'm free would be Sunday during the day. Every other day I have to work and/or go to school, I'm afraid. Second shift kinda sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M

Illinois
msg tools
Just go to http://boardgames.famdepaus.nl/FS/index.html
My game should be up there after you register.
It's named "game"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.