GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,197 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Blood & Roses» Forums » General

Subject: Richard III FOUND! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the inclusion of Bosworth field in this game I thought I'd link this here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21063882

So it looks like some new light has been shed on the battle's outcome and on the form of Richard's body.

Quote:
His skeleton had suffered 10 injuries, including eight to the skull, at around the time of death. Two of the skull wounds were potentially fatal.

One was a "slice" removing a flap of bone, the other was caused by bladed weapon which went through and hit the opposite side of the skull - a depth of more than 10cm (4ins).

Quote:
Richard III was portrayed as deformed by some Tudor historians and indeed the skeleton's spine is badly curved, a condition known as scoliosis.

However, there was no trace of a withered arm or other abnormalities described in the more extreme characterisations of the king.

Now even more excited for B&R to hit 500 so it can soon thereafter hit my table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't even need to hit 500 orders! GMT has already put it on the production schedule for 2013!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw it on the email, very pleased
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome news!

Finally, we can simulate the defeat of the Tudors and see the boar triumphant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.