Popular Tags: [View All]
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamers present: Douglas, Frans(isca), Ageeth, Ann

After the bad experience from yesterday, I was happy to take Funkenschlag out of the closet again. We all had played this game together for some time, so we started off fast. We played in Germany (close to home) and excluded the 2 upper regions. Arbitrarily.

I started with auctioning and acquiring plant number 5 (and payed too much for it), so I was not the first to place my cities. Ageeth got plant 4, while Doug and Frans settled for plants that could supply 2 cities. I placed my first cities in Western Germany (Ruhr area: lots of cities close to each other), and could expand very well there up to 9 cities first builder. I got ahead rather fast, and was able to buy plant number 33 (4 cities, wind energy) before stufe 2, which I kept untill my last turn, so it really payed off.

I was in the lead for the greater part of the game, while Ageeth got some real good plants, using diverse 'rohstoffe', very early, so she could supply 16 cities right after stufe 2. I built a lot of cities (I just knew I had to finish early and before the rest got to 17 cities, or I would be toast). Frans and Ageeth seemed to be a bit behind, but by the time I bought my 17th city, both Ageeth, Douglas and Frans were at 15 cities. I could only power 16, Ageeth and Doug could power all 15, but Ageeth had 4 electron more, Frans could power 14.

Douglas was really comfortable in the South of Germany, without a lot of competition for the cities, so he could connect a lot of cities first. Making the long distance connections very pricey for us. I think I could have done better building first the long distance connections. The rewards for connecting an additional city are much greater in the beginning of the game, and if you have to build as the 3rd player in a city with a long distance connection, it becomes very expensive, while the rewards are much smaller. To think about the next time maybe. But I was happy, since I won for the first time.

Ann - 16
Ageeth - 15 (4 electron more)
Doug - 15
Frans - 14

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.