Popular Tags: [View All]
Valdir Jorge
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at a New Year's party yesterday where I had to suffer through a miming and humming "game" proposed by two teenagers. They hijacked all sixteen people into a small room and started a "guess the humming" contest where each player would go to the stage, they would whisper a Christmas song title in their ears, the poor fellow would have to hum it and the audience tried to guess. After the third such "performance" the two teenagers realized that there aren't sixteen easily recognizable Christmas songs and changed it to a "guess the miming" contest. Oh boy! We went through more than a dozen of those... Yes, I had to go up as well...

Anyway, my question is the one in the title. I would like to at least be able to write a session report on this and get a as compensation for my suffering. Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Case
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like Charades - the miming part. The humming is a variant laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Drake
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I like pizza!
badge
I LIKE IT!!! ????
mbmbmb
Sounds awfulzombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This should be a lesson to you. Never let two teenagers propose a made-up game. I think one of the adults should have said 'No-that sounds stupid.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edd Allard
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, look at the BGG post for Humm Bug. It is a boardgame version of the game your teenage nemeses forced you to play. On the up side, Humm Bug was actually rather clever and even fun in the right crowd. On the down side, if anyone in the group couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, the right crowd could easily become the wrong crowd in a hurry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valdir Jorge
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all who replied! I decided to go with Charades after all, it seemed to be the better choice. Here is my opus: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/92670

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.