GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,255 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: Did anyone get a new edition with a "correct" board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Butterfield
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to see anyone post about a board with the yellow connection included. The official word is it is only an issue on some boards, but from the small sample size here, it's all of them. Now, the people who are most likely to come on and post are those who have a problem, but this is BGG; people are on here all the time.

Just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpb2000 wrote:
The official word is it is only an issue on some boards

How can that be, did they have multiple print runs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's wrong with the board?

EDIT: never mind, read it was a line. Just get a marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt m
msg tools
i don't think anyone has gotten a copy yet from anywhere other than target. (anyone?) my amazon order shipped today and should be here by the end of the week. hoping it was only the ones on the shelves early that were affected.

its been said repeatedly that this only affects a small portion of the games. if that turns out to be a lie, that'd be pretty shady. they seem to be handling the situation quickly with replacements, so giving the benefit of the doubt for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Butterfield
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
mpb2000 wrote:
The official word is it is only an issue on some boards

How can that be, did they have multiple print runs?

My thoughts exactly. The wrong map appears in the rules as well. On the other hand, how is Zman sending out replacements so quickly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add my voice to the chorus, I bought my copy on Sunday the 4th at Target. It also had the misprinted board and extra research station, but it was not missing any cubes, like I read in another post. I contacted them today and received a human response within a few hours that they will be shipping my replacement board soon. Very prompt reply, for which I am grateful. Gonna withhold true judgement until it ships, though. If, a year from now, I'm still waiting, that will be the true test. But I'm sure that won't happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy today at a local target as well. My board had the missing line too. I sent an email and the proof of purchase and a human said they would send a new board tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Base. GAME.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a really quick response and they shipped my new board out this monday. But they said to expect up to a 2-3 week delay because of Canada customs.

On an unrelated note, I hope this mistake by Z-man doesn't slow down the release of Terra Mystica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwijiboe wrote:
I got a really quick response and they shipped my new board out this monday. But they said to expect up to a 2-3 week delay because of Canada customs.

On an unrelated note, I hope this mistake by Z-man doesn't slow down the release of Terra Mystica. :(

I think that is just standard CYA talk. When I needed replacement cards (glossy 1st ed. vs. linen-finished On the Brink), they told me the same thing, "2-3 week delay." They still showed up on my doorstep in a matter of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imprimis5 wrote:
Just to add my voice to the chorus, I bought my copy on Sunday the 4th at Target. It also had the misprinted board and extra research station, but it was not missing any cubes, like I read in another post. I contacted them today and received a human response within a few hours that they will be shipping my replacement board soon. Very prompt reply, for which I am grateful. Gonna withhold true judgement until it ships, though. If, a year from now, I'm still waiting, that will be the true test. But I'm sure that won't happen.

As a follow up, I just reviewed a message that my board has been shipped (the day after I notified them of my misprinted copy). I am to expect it to arrive in 3-5 weeks from Canada to Indianapolis. Until then, I am to continue to enjoy my game as-is, considering it a "different difficulty level." Well done, Z-Man. Prompt and responsive customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt m
msg tools
my new question... anybody received a replacement board yet? maybe somebody in canada who doesn't have to wait due to customs??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael May
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I literally JUST bought this at my FLGS today, and the board is missing the line. Sucks. I didn't realize I had a misprint until I looked at pictures of the old board (I've never played it before).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so the answer seems to be that ALL the boards from this first print run are bad. Let's wait for the second...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
schm0
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone familiar with how board game companies do this sort of thing?

I mean, are there multiple production runs with corrections, etc.? If so, there's a chance the cards and the boards could be fixed in subsequent products, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy from GameSurplus and the board has missing line (Sao Paulo to Lagos). Sent Z-Man and email with proof of purchase and await a replacement board.
My guess would be all the boards in this print run will have this error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
I just received my copy from GameSurplus and the board has missing line (Sao Paulo to Lagos). Sent Z-Man and email with proof of purchase and await a replacement board.
My guess would be all the boards in this print run will have this error.

Not possible, if Zman has corrected boards. They had to of caught it and corrected it at some point in the print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mad0m wrote:
my new question... anybody received a replacement board yet? maybe somebody in canada who doesn't have to wait due to customs??

It took five or six days from the time I sent Z-Man an email to receiving my replacement board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.