Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently read a thread on BGG providing a 3-player varient of this 2-player game.
Can anyone point to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Pinnion
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember it was quite simple - you play four flags against each of the other two opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a 3 player variant listed among the files for Battle Line (which is more or less the same game as Schotten Totten). It is an interesting and well-thought-out variant but it has some gameplay problems. I played it once and was unsatisfied. I have noted the problems that I had with it in the original thread itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also had not realised that ST now came with Tactic cards.
So I probably need to buy Battle Line or the newer version of ST.

(I had been playing ST rules with a Havoc card set)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This query sent me looking through my game notebooks, as I was sure that I tried a variant for 3 or more players. Unfortunately what I found (from four years ago!) was more notes than hard-and-fast rules, but you could give 'em a try

You need a set (about 7) of coloured counters for each player.
Set up as normal for a 2-player game. When you pick a site to fight at, put a counter down in your colour on one side of the pawn. Only you may play cards on this side of this pawn. Any other player may choose to defend this pawn.

Notes:
Probably need to change hand size, number of pawns and/or victory conditions (certainly for more than 3 players).
In case of tie for number of pawns won, use the results of pawns where the two tied players were fighting each other to break the tie.

Good Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't find a tranlsation anywhere for the ST action cards. Can anyone point me to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.