Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthijs v S
Netherlands
Arnhem
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1- All the monsters dodge. The same works for Fear. If one monster in a group attacked by a blast item has fear, all of them do.

2- Yes, you spend one fatigue to get one extra movement point, regardless what you use it for (moving a space, drink a potion, open a door for two MP, etc)

2b- you played it right. The developers suggest limiting players to drinking one (vitality) potion a turn to limit this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven alexander
United States
portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
2b) Say I use fatigue to keep moving, and I have a vitality potion. Now let's assume that I have used all but one of my fatigue. Thus it would take one movement point to drink the vitality potion, healing my fatigue. I could not drink the potion if my fatigue was entirely used up, so in other words I have to spend my last fatigue to heal the remaining fatigue. Correct? I ask this because we tried to use the chaining system to escape a crowd of monsters (Which we barely managed), and we didn't know exactly how that worked.

I would like to expand on this question, as a similar dilemma came up in our first try at the game last night.

Can using fatigue supplant using regular movement points during a hero's turn? The rules say that a player may use a fatigue point to move even when they have declared a Battle action (attack/attack). This seems a little powerful, as it allows a hero to use a chain of fatigue and fatigue potions to enter into range, then attack, and then continue the fatigue chain to move out of range, while never actually using any actual movement points at all! Does this seem right?

My understanding is that using fatigue is for extra movement, which assumes that you have spent all of your regular movement points first. Being allowed to use it instead in this way essentially lets heroes get 3 actions or more.

Another question: if they drink a potion on their turn, which requires a movement point, have they not done a movement action? Can they still declare the Battle action? Or attack and then prepare to rest, for instance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chillrunr wrote:
Can using fatigue supplant using regular movement points during a hero's turn? The rules say that a player may use a fatigue point to move even when they have declared a Battle action (attack/attack). This seems a little powerful, as it allows a hero to use a chain of fatigue and fatigue potions to enter into range, then attack, and then continue the fatigue chain to move out of range, while never actually using any actual movement points at all! Does this seem right?

The rules/FAQ/Consensus/Designer may eventually say otherwise, but we're not allowing this in our group. If you want to stand still so that your character can attack twice, fine. If you want to move, fine. I don't see the logic of allowing Fatigue points to muddy the waters. The game's easy enough for the heroes as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick dodge card question. I wasn't sure if "The monster dodges" wording on the card means the attack has automatically failed as a result of an automatically successful dodge attack OR if it means this monster can force a re-rol exactly as if he was a hero with the dodge action selected.

Given its low cost we played the latter way, that it forces dice of choice to be re-rolled rather than automatically working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Quick dodge card question. I wasn't sure if "The monster dodges" wording on the card means the attack has automatically failed as a result of an automatically successful dodge attack OR if it means this monster can force a re-rol exactly as if he was a hero with the dodge action selected.

Given its low cost we played the latter way, that it forces dice of choice to be re-rolled rather than automatically working.

We played it exactly the opposite. The monsters are weak enough as it is--they need some benefits from time to time! Besides, the card says nothing about re-rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dodging is a game term and acts exactly the same for monsters and heroes. Pick the dice to be rerolled and use the new result.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah. Looking at the card again, that seems pretty clear. It's funny how you'll interpret things at two in the morning. Still, kinda depressing, though... the Overlord was having enough trouble as it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.