Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The year field in the Games Played custom search is a pop-up menu from year 0 to year 2006. But it's listed in ascending order, so to search for games in the new millenium, you have to scroll through 2000 items. I'd suggest either:

1) Use a pop-up menu, but sort the years in descending order.
2) Instead of a pop-up, use a plain text box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
When I search, the default year is the current year (now 2006) - so when I click on the year, 2005, 2004, etc are all just a few lines away, not 2000 lines away.

Guess I have never seen the problem you are seeing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we're talking about two different pages. The page I'm referring to is:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/playstats.php3?action=customque...

When I go there, the year pop-up is in ascending order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
We are talking two different pages - I go via the link in my profile:

Broken into 2 lines to show it all
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewusername.php3?
username=RPardoe&action=gamesplayed

Now, I see - you are interested in the total games played, not the games played by UserID.

While I can drop the sliders down to the bottom fairly quickly - I find that I can also type the year (or month or date) into the appropriate box directly. So give that a try and perhaps your second request is already implemented.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My biggest complaint about the games played is more along the lines of a feature I would like to see implemented. I would like to be able to easily determine on which dates I actually played a specific game. Right now, I can go through each calendar and figure it out, but that is a royal pain. I think it would be great if I could just click on the number of plays after a custom search and get a list of dates played. Another possibility would be when accessing the games played directly from the game entry you could somehow link to the dates played. Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.