GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,565 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Empires in Arms» Forums » Variants

Subject: Zero manpower provinces & minors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed an issue with Spain and Turkey being prevented from doing a DoW on other powers merely because Majorca, Crete, or Cyprus have enemy forces in those provinces, at a time when Spain or Turkey is not able to get any navy out to sea to attack those enemies. I suggest that home provinces with no manpower not count for the rule that prohibits DoW.

Also, zero manpower minor countries like Gibraltar, Corsica, Malta, Corfu, and Rhodes, can tie up a valuable corps counter preventing those low population places from being lost due to instability zone effects. I suggest that minor countries with zero manpower should not be lost due to instability zone effects, but can still be lost due to fiasco zone effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Oliver
Saint Lucia
Terrassa
Catalonia
flag msg tools
Too much people on Earth. Nihilism is the true path.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, rules are rules. I always wndered why a full garrison of say, 20I at Venice will not prevent the minor country from going neutral if the owner falls at inestable but a tiny 1M corps will retain ownership.

Rules, we need more rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewis
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These rules are in place to represent the volatile and unstable nature of the European geo-politacal stage. These specific areas were exceedingly annoying for any parent due to their fractious tendencies and the impact of perceived world opinion.

Another example would be the Tyrol for the Austrians. Silly sheep wanted autonomy in lieu of a boot on their neck...go figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Oliver
Saint Lucia
Terrassa
Catalonia
flag msg tools
Too much people on Earth. Nihilism is the true path.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warren Bruhn wrote:
I suggest that home provinces with no manpower not count for the rule that prohibits DoW.

I will add that those provinces does not count either for enforced suing for peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.