GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where can I find the Rules for Raiders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Haesendonckx
Belgium
Antwerp - Schoten
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I seem unable to find my rules for Raiders.

Can anyone direct me to them or just repeat them here please?

Thanks,

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The inserts in the Battle Packs have definitions of the latest two keywords, but here they are from the FF forums:

Quote:
Ambush X

The Ambush X keyword is active even when on a facedown development. During the Ambush step of the Battlefield Phase, the defending player chooses cards in the defending zone he wishes to Ambush and pays their Ambush cost (denoted by X), then they Ambush.

If the ambushed card is a unit, it must be declared as a defender for the current attack (it is not immediately declared as a defender when it ambushes). If the ambushed card is a tactic or has a “When this unit ambushes” effect, then it follows normal triggered action rules and must be put on the chain at the next available opportunity.

Raider X

Immediately after combat damage is applied, the controller of each surviving, attacking unit with the Raider keyword gains resources equal to its Raider value.

The Raider keyword triggers even when no damage has been dealt during combat, provided the unit with the keyword participated and survived.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

Edit: Quote
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Knight
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the insert (got game second hand) when is the ambush phase, I assume during or before the declare defenders phase?

also that says they ambush, what is ambush, is that being turned face up permanently or till end of turn or what. Basically I need to know how ambush works lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all the rules PDFs are up on FFGs site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
lastknightleft wrote:
I don't have the insert (got game second hand) when is the ambush phase, I assume during or before the declare defenders phase?

also that says they ambush, what is ambush, is that being turned face up permanently or till end of turn or what. Basically I need to know how ambush works lol.

It's in the FAQ:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/warhammer-inv...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Knight
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No it isn't. I just read the entire FAQ it doesn't have the rules for abilities. It's just frequently asked questions, card errata, and timing structure. The only thing the FAQ says is

faq wrote:
Ambush (v2.0)
The Ambush keyword may only be
triggered on a facedown development.
If an effect has created a faceup
development that has the ambush
keyword, the ambush ability may not
be triggered

and it's not in any of the rulebooks under the rules tab on that link either. It sucks cause I've built a deck for them on an assumption of what the rules are but I can't play it cause I don't know what the rules for ambush are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for Ambush and Raider were on rules sheets included with the packs of the cycle they were introduced in.

Ambush X
The Ambush X keyword is active even when on a facedown development. During the Ambush step of the Battlefield Phase, the defending player chooses cards in the defending zone he wishes to Ambush and pays their Ambush cost (denoted by X), then they Ambush.
If the ambushed card is a unit, it must be declared as a defender for the current attack (it is not immediately declared as a defender when it ambushes). If the ambushed card is a tactic or has a “When this unit ambushes” effect, then it follows normal triggered action rules and must be put on the chain at the next available opportunity.
(The Ambush step of the battlefield phase is before the Declare Defenders step.)

Raider X
Immediately after combat damage is applied, the controller of each surviving, attacking unit with the Raider keyword gains resources equal to its Raider value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
lastknightleft wrote:
No it isn't. I just read the entire FAQ it doesn't have the rules for abilities. It's just frequently asked questions, card errata, and timing structure. The only thing the FAQ says is

faq wrote:
Ambush (v2.0)
The Ambush keyword may only be
triggered on a facedown development.
If an effect has created a faceup
development that has the ambush
keyword, the ambush ability may not
be triggered

and it's not in any of the rulebooks under the rules tab on that link either. It sucks cause I've built a deck for them on an assumption of what the rules are but I can't play it cause I don't know what the rules for ambush are.

A couple of things:

- My post 4 above yours, and the post immediately below yours, have the detailed information about Ambush. That information says that Ambush happens during the battlefield phase.

- If you look at page 15 of the FAQ, in the center column (which is part of the battlefield phase turn sequence explanation) you will see that this is when Ambush can be triggered.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else to say.

Edit: Found more to say

Quote:
After attackers are declared and the Action window that follows, there is now an ambush step. If you have any facedown cards (developments) in the zone being attacked that have the ambush keyword, you may now pay the cost that follows the ambush keyword to flip the card face up. If it's a unit, that unit will automatically be declared as a defender and it will generally have an effect that happens when it comes into play with the ambush effect.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/10...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Knight
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok that last bit in your edit was what I was asking for and did not find in the faq. Your detailed post said that they ambush but did not clarify what that meant. I assumed they would flip up, but did they flip up just for combat after which they went back to being a development, do they flip up permanently, is it like necromancy where they go to the bottom of the deck at end of turn. I had no clue and I could see it being any of those things. and neither the rules you had posted nor the rules in the FAQ explained what it meant when a card ambushes. I knew I had to pay the ambush cost to have them ambush but then was left with a big questionmark as to what happens next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.