GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,456 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: Starting monthly game meetup - East Valley AZ (Mesa) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Looking to start up a small gaming group in the East Valley. We will officially hold once a month gaming sessions/meetups in Mesa. Looking for people who would be able to commit to meeting once a month.

PS - you don't have to live in east valley but need to be willing to attend monthly in East Valley.

Anyone who is interested respond

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my wife are looking for a group. My old one seams to have fallen apart. What type, size, meeting times are you thinking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Something smaller.. not too big. I've got about 3 other people who have expressed interest. Still gathering info to see what kind of response I get.

Would like to have a dedicated group of about 10-15 people. What kind of games are you guys interested in? Also, what times are you available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday Evenings, Saturdays.
We play almost anything not really heavy wargames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
K i'll let you know when I have gathered more info. Also, if you know anyone else who would be interested let me know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you looking at having the game group meet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
When I'm not looking, my games play each other!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested. Like David, I would be happy to play almost anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
K, I've heard from about 6 people so far. I'll keep you guys updated in this thread. Let me know what games you guys enjoy playing. Would like to get an idea of the type of crowd we have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Euro and Ameritrash, not wargames. We can play at my house as I have a large area to play in if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really generous David. I like Euros and Ameritrash as well. I wouldn't be opposed to playing war games, I just don't have much experience with them. I don't really like party games. And by party games I mean Wits and Wagers and Apples to Apples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certain party games can be fun but in limited basis. Resistance in sort of a cross that is lots of fun with a large group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played The Resistance, but I do think it sounds fun. The kind of party games I like the least are the ones where one person picks the best of the group (the Apples to Apples mechanic).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Mesa and would be interested in a local meetup, I play mainly Euros (take a look at my BGG collection).

My main gaming group is having an open meetup this Saturday, I'd like to invite all of you to stop by and play, it would be a great way for us to meet and plan this east valley meetup. Here is the info for anyone interested:

Saturday, February 9th
The University of Advanced Technology, located at 2625 W Baseline Rd, Tempe, AZ 85283 between I-10 and 48th Street.
We meet on the 2nd floor in Room 206/207 starting at 8 am and going until 7 pm or later.

If any of you are seriously interested in coming let me know and I will make sure to give you a way to contact me the day of in case of any confusion.

And I also would be willing to host meetups, I have 4 tables (3 that seat 4 people and 1 that seats 8 people) and 16 chairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malaiser wrote:
I haven't played The Resistance, but I do think it sounds fun. The kind of party games I like the least are the ones where one person picks the best of the group (the Apples to Apples mechanic).

I have to agree I was tired of that mechanic as well, after many games of Apples to Apples and Dixit, but that was until I gave Cards Against Humanity a try.

Also Resistance is a wonderful party/filler game that requires deeper thinking then most other party games.

A game that has been hitting my table a lot recently is Escape, it's a 10 min real time co-op game that takes a surprising amount of strategy, coordination, and cooperation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becky Pusch
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resurrecting a little bit older thread - My husband and I are looking to get involved with a group in the EV. We live in Dobson Ranch.

Often it would probably just one or the other of us due to kids, but occasionally we could both make it or we could offer our house for smaller groups. We have three tables that seat between 4-8.

My collection shows what games we have for anyone interested...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.