GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,865 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Joel Berg von Linde
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting in line for RFTG: Alien Artifacts since 2010
mbmbmbmbmb
Going through the ranks of BGG to rate some games I have played through the years but never rated I bumped into this entry (which I own myself).

I thought it was only stand alone games that was ranked on BGG?

Someone smart person please enlighten me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never really noticed that, but I would assume if that's the case, then it's because the expansion has it's own standalone campaign within it. I may totally be assuming wrong, though, so who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berg von Linde
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting in line for RFTG: Alien Artifacts since 2010
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but only, it doesn't have a stand alone campaign. It doesn't have a stand alone anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible it got a Rank because of the number of votes? Is there some magic number of votes that a rank will start showing up? Just wondering....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. The Road to Legend expansion has 1795 ratings and no rank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celtic Joker wrote:
I don't think so. The Road to Legend expansion has 1795 ratings and no rank.

Well, then, as Emily Litella (Gilda Radner Circa mid '70s) would say = "Never mind!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Snyder
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there are a few expansions currently that are not flagged as expansions if you download the csv file. This one, the Cards Against Humanity Xmas expansion, and Mansions of Madness Yellow Gate I believe - at least those are the ones from 2012 that I've noticed. They eventually get fixed in the database.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
I submitted the correction and, as a bonus, found out exactly how it was incorrectly labeled:

skelebone wrote:
Regarding your correction to:

Name: Descent: Journeys in the Dark (second edition) - Lair of the Wyrm

Note:
tumorous wrote:
It looks like the form here has everything correct, but this game is not treated as an expansion in the database in some ways (not filtered out when excluding expansions; has a ranking).

This did not have the \"Expansion for base-game\" category, which is the relevant switch for making a game appear in collections as an expansion and making a game item not have a rank.

If those aforementioned games still have the problem, there are probably a few fractions of GG in it for someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.