Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Schramek
United States
Gridley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got PR for Christmas. I have played 4 times in the last 24 hours. I understand how to play except one little thing keeps bothering me. During the Mayor phase, what is the right way to load up the Colonist ship. Also, can you move a colonist that is on a building or a plantation to a different building or plantation? Finally, if there are no empty spaces on the buildings or plantations, how does the ship get loaded? The way we were doing it seemed like it made the Colonists pile go down quick. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Quatsch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Kleissler
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played a couple of times but I believe that the number of empty building slots is used unless it is less than the number of players. In that case the number of colonists = number of players. In short, the colonists placed on the ship can never be less than the number of players and equals the number of empty slots on building tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of colonists that go into the ship is at least the number of players. (e.g. in a 4 player game, you always put at least 4 colonists on the ship) During the mayor phase, and only during the mayor phase, people can freely move their colonists between any building and plantation.

When filling up the colony ship, only the empty spaces on the buildings are counted. Empty plantations are not counted toward that total.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Yim
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Mayor phase all players can move their colonists around freely among their buildings, plantations and San Juan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nielsen
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Roger Yim wrote:
During the Mayor phase all players can move their colonists around freely among their buildings, plantations and San Juan.

It's important to note that players may not leave colonists in San Juan if they have any available job slots, either on buildings or plantations/quarries.

It's perfectly legal to load up your plantations with workers and empty your buildings if you are trying to end the game, but you may not load up San Juan to accomplish the same feat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Schramek
United States
Gridley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Excellent! Thanks for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin barrows
United States
mashpee
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
If you put the number of colonists the same as the players the person who picked the role is suppose to get another colonist were does that come from.............thks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
kmbgolf wrote:
[T]he person who picked the role is suppose to get another colonist were does that come from[?]

From the supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cataldo
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra colonist for the player who chose Mayor always comes from the general supply, never from the colonist boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.