GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Tide of Iron» Forums » General

Subject: Excellent customer service. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd mention, the US soldiers in my Tide of Iron had a lot of flash and the pegs broke off them way too easy. Never had that problem with the Germans or the British in the expansions (which seem even better made). Anyhow a couple of friends and I were playing and another one of the US soldiers broke at the peg when removing him from a base. I decided, I'd see if I could order replacement US soldiers, as I now had four that had broken over the past three years, even after exercising a lot of care, plus I had around ten more that I could tell were ready to snap at anytime.

I explained the problem with my US soldiers and how they had a lot of flash and seemed very fragile. I was just seeing if I could order replacement basic infantry, I wasn't worried about the elites, officers, or heavy weapon teams. Well long story short, they replaced all my US soldiers and vehicles and didn't even charge me for it. That was not at all what I was expecting.

I'm super impressed with their customer service. I know a lot of us complain about how Tide of Iron seems to be abandoned and we've been waiting an eternity for an up to date errata, however I really got to cut them some slack now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if its a good idea but what about drilling the holes just a little big in the bases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is good service - no question!

On top of that, I would tend to think that 4 figures breaking over 3 years gaming as acceptable wear and tear. However, it sounds like yours had a minor fault from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Don't know if its a good idea but what about drilling the holes just a little big in the bases?

Don't do it - a lot of people tried this at first, but many later found that the soldiers were too loose in the holes after they broke in a little bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any pegs that seemed to be a tight fit got a little rub down with an emery board or fine grit sand paper (just a little bit - don't over do it!). Worked for me quite well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Four figures over that time would seem to not be so bad. What was more of a hassle was babying them every time they needed to be added or removed from a base. The Germans never had that problem, they seemed to be made of a different plastic.

The replacement US soldiers are much better than the ones that originally came with my game. They don't have all the flash on them that the originals did and the pegs do seem to fit a lot better, like the Germans did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of mine eventually worked loose and would fall out at the merest touch. Following some advice I read on the geek, I used small lumps of blu-tack to help hold the figures in place, without permanently fitting them in place. It worked a treat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took the leap and removed the pegs altogether and went with magnetic pads from Litko and washers glued to the troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is indeed good customer service. Now, if they would only be so kind to also update the FAQ and errata now, that'd be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.