Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this game today. I enjoyed it more than my opponents, but that's neither here nor there.

How many adventurers can you have, and when?

The RECRUITMENT rules say:
Quote:
If you have three or more adventurers, you may recruit, but you must make room for the new adventurer by discarding another.

So it sounds here like you must have exactly three, no more and no less. However,
Quote:
Recruitment ends immediately when all players have at least three adventurers.

Then in the COMBAT rules,
Quote:
each player turns three of his or her adventurers face-down and arranges them in the order he or she wishes to reveal them. (If you have more than three adventurers, the others do not participate.)

After the combat, you now have a party with some number between 1 and 6 members.

At that point, how many heroes go into the dungeon? Do you pick 3 of your survivors? Can you have three heroes fight, and three different heroes explore? Do they all go in? Can you go in with less than 3?

Thanks in advance.

--hymie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Vitali
Italy
Casalecchio di Reno
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I played Dungeonville last night and... I had the same problem as You.

I guess that, at the beginning of the game, each player recruits - at a time - one adventurer.
When all the players have at least three adventurer, the recruitment ends.

So, is not possible, at the beginning of the game, to recruit more than 3 adventurer (On the rulebook isn't written that you can pass your recruiting turn... so each take one, 'till each owns three adventurer).

During the game You can aquire more adventurer: it comes when You fight to gain the rights to enter a dungeon (if your adventurer defeats an enemy adventurer(s), and the defeated has the same color as your winning adventurer, the defeated joins your party).

So You can gain HERE more adventurer (1, 3... or more...) because is possible to have 5 players who wants to enter the same dungeon with their party.
So - in order to fight against the other adventurers - you have to choose three of your adventurers (as the others players have to do) or all your adventurers (if you have only three), arranges them (as the others do), and reveal them - one at a time - (as the others do).

The fight is solved simultaneously, so you must compare all the first revealed adventurers (the lower level wins... the other(s) dies or, if the defeated adventurer(s) belongs to the color of the winning adventurers, you recruit it(them)).
Then the second fight starts... and the third.

When you go back to the first phase (RECRUITMENT), you can have more than three adventurer (due to fight, see above).
But You can't increase this number of adventurer on this phase.
So, if you have 5 adventurers, on the phase 1 You can recruit more, but, for each new recruited adventurer You must discard one of your "old Buddies" (to make room).
And - i guess - recruitment is available only until all the players have, at least, three adventurers on their party... so isn't possible to recruit new adventurers if all the players have, at least, three adventurers: all of the players skips phase 1... and go at phase 2.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.