Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arpenteur wrote:
Greetings,

I have a question about the power of Leadership cards. If a Vulca player plays the Pandemonium support card which stipulates "You may not play support cards," can the Hoax player retaliate with the Trigger Brainstorm Leadership card which reads "On this turn, I may play any number of support cards" ?

Thanks!

Easy one. "You may not" overrides other text. See page 17 of the rules, 2nd bullet.

Ha. Beat you, Mathew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gray
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
arpenteur wrote:

I have a question about the power of Leadership cards. If a Vulca player plays the Pandemonium support card which stipulates "You may not play support cards," can the Hoax player retaliate with the Trigger Brainstorm Leadership card which reads "On this turn, I may play any number of support cards" ?

Check the "Special Rules" section of the rules, where it states 'Cards reading “you may not...” take precedence over all remaining instructions on other cards.', so the answer is the Hoax card would not have any effect, though they would be allowed to play it (maybe they wanted to discard it for some reason). Generally, the order of precedence of rules is (I think this is in the FAQ):

"I must..."
"...ignore..."
"You may not..."
Everything else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat him by one minute. Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkgray wrote:
I think this is in the FAQ

Pandemonium/Trigger Brainstorm seems to be the archetype for this question, and is the example in the FAQ (although another question notes that Wall of Fire/Muster Reinforcements is essentially the same). The FAQ just assumes playing Trigger Brainstorm, I don't think there's a question emphasising that you can always play any leadership card, even if it's ineffective, but I've added a related question (the 250th) which will be in the next release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
I've added a related question (the 250th) which will be in the next release.

Now out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.