Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul O'Connor
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happily honoring a New Years' resolution to play more games, I tried Carcassonne: The Castle with my eight year old son, Miles. Miles has attention span issues and he's heavily into video games, so I consider boardgames with him a kind of intervention. It forces him to slow down and process things in order. He really does like boardgames but you have to break him out of videogame mode before he'll try them.

We'd played straight Carcassonne once last year, and Miles liked it a lot. I thought I'd give this title a try because it had been sitting on the shelf for a couple years, and I thought it might be cleaner for two players. We ignored the rules for merchant scoring (and I gakked the rules for the way paths start and end), but we otherwise got through the game in pretty good order. I won the game but only by a few points. Miles said he was interested in playing again, but not right at that moment. We'll see ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.