Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
How does Elder Mok's ability interact with Staff of Light or Healing Rain or Holy Power on 2 other heroes (or motivational charge, or drain spirit or ... and so on)?

Elder Mok:
Whenever another hero within 3 spaces of you recovers 1 or more Wounds, you recover 1 Wound. Whenever another hero within 3 spaces of you recovers 1 or more Fatigue, you recover 1 Fatigue.

Staff of Light:
Action: Each hero within 3 spaces of you recovers 1 Wound and 1 Fatigue.

Healing Rain:
Action: Roll 1 red power die. Each hero within 3 spaces of you (including yourself) recovers Wounds equal to the Wounds rolled.

Holy Power: Your Prayer of Healing may now affect 2 different heroes. If you roll a Surge on the red power die when using Prayer of Healing, both heroes recover 1 Fatigue.

A) Does his ability only trigger once for each hero, not depending on how much different other heroes recover fatigue or health?
B) Does his ability trigger for each other hero that recovers health and/or stamina?
C) something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always interpreted it that if he heals multiple heroes (via Healing Rain or some other effect), he recovers hearts for each hero that is healed. I could see it being ambiguous, where one Healing Rain may be considered one single event, but it seems to me that it's meant to be interpreted per hero, not per event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This FFG Thread should help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logan8 wrote:
This FFG Thread should help.

these are answeres from other members nothing offical but I guess i read it correct as option: for each other hero that recovers health / fatigue within 3 spaces, mok recovers 1 health / fatigue not depending of the source of the healing or fatigue. Staff of Light is really awesome on him if all is correct =), hey i recover you all 1 health and 1 stamina and gain 4 health and 4 stamina

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why Elder Mok is pretty much the only Healer who I'll play as a Spiritspeaker. He's the only one who can manage the Fatigue well enough to use his powers consistently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:

these are answeres from other members nothing offical

Yeah, I was careful with my wording of "this should help" rather than "there is an answer here"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
That's why Elder Mok is pretty much the only Healer who I'll play as a Spiritspeaker. He's the only one who can manage the Fatigue well enough to use his powers consistently.

with holy power as disciple with the staff of light in his hand, you don't really need to be spiritspeaker Disciple is as same well fitting to him as spiritspeaker, and i like to be able to standup heroes with prayer of healing rather than an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not arguing that the Disciple is not better than the Spiritspeaker; it definitely is. I'm saying that the Disciple is so much better than the Spiritspeaker, that I would only ever play as a Spiritspeaker if I were playing with Elder Mok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I'm not arguing that the Disciple is not better than the Spiritspeaker; it definitely is. I'm saying that the Disciple is so much better than the Spiritspeaker, that I would only ever play as a Spiritspeaker if I were playing with Elder Mok.

haha i exactly know what you mean =) - spiritspeaker is so much worse... and the labyrinth of ruin class... hmm I still play disciple over it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.