Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this session was played at 1400 metres (about 4500'). I packed all the cards and cheques into a normal cardboard playing card box and stored in together with the carboard money and rules inside a re-sealable plastic bag.

The story of the 9 1/2 hour tramp to Tarn Ridge Hut in the Tararua Forest Park of North Island, New Zealand is more fit for the pages of trampinggeek.co.nz, but suffice to say all four of our party had put in a hard day's work. I was feeling low on energy, but 72% cocoa dark chocolate revived us after a good hot meal.

As light slowly faded, we started our three game session. It was the first game for Tony, Emile and I, though I had played a few trial hands and had read the rules fairly thoroughly. The only reference you really need is the starting money and cards to be removed for each number of players, which would save the rules.

Six cards were removed randomly, and the remaining 24 dealt out three at a time to bid on. We played that a non-winning one dollar bid was returned to the bidder. Perhaps this bumped up the prices, but in all three hands only one player once ran out of money before the final set of cards.

The first round took a while, as no-one was really sure how high to bid. Tony won by three dollars, with me second and Emile third. In the second game I had saved four 20 plus properties for the big cheques and won by a larger margin. Tony won the third game and I was last by some way with terrible properties I couldn't give away.

For Sale got a middling reaction from the others - both fairly experienced gamers. Tony is the only one of us who has played Modern Art, which he thought a better game. A good change from the usual tramping card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.