Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: data raven - if the run ends do the subroutines still fire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
haqattaqq .
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quick question on data raven - if the runner chooses not to take a tag then the run ends - do the subroutines still fire (if not broken by an ice breaker)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any effect that ends a run ends a run immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haqattaqq wrote:
Quick question on data raven - if the runner chooses not to take a tag then the run ends - do the subroutines still fire (if not broken by an ice breaker)?

Data Raven:
On Encounter, runner chooses: Take a Tag or ETR.

If they take the tag, then they have the opportunity to break the subroutines.
If they ETR, the Run is over and nothing further happens.

-=-=-

Obligatory Chum complication:

If there is a lingering Chum subroutine effect and the Runner picked 'ETR' then they suffer the Chum effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
haqattaqq .
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
If there is a lingering Chum subroutine effect and the Runner picked 'ETR' then they suffer the Chum effect.

Wow, I almost didn't ask this question as I was pretty sure about the answer. I certainly didn't forsee how amazing chum would be with data raven - if chum isn't broken then they take a tag or suffer some net damage... interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
haqattaqq wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Wow, I almost didn't ask this question as I was pretty sure about the answer. I certainly didn't forsee how amazing chum would be with data raven - if chum isn't broken then they take a tag or suffer some net damage... interesting!

Chum combos well with Trace Ice, as it takes the alternative non-breaker method of beating the trace routines and slaps a 3 net damage penalty on them. Chum -> Hunter is another pretty nice (and extremely cheap) Ice combo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
argus88 wrote:
haqattaqq wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Chum combos well with Trace Ice, as it takes the alternative non-breaker method of beating the trace routines and slaps a 3 net damage penalty on them. Chum -> Hunter is another pretty nice (and extremely cheap) Ice combo

The Chum > Hunter combo works because Hunter is insanely cheap for strength 4 - and it's not an exclusively trace ice thing either - Snowflake will also work in the place of Hunter as it's strength 3, which will grow to 5. Hell, even Chum > Chum will work

Only really useful early game though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Aurelius
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Hell, even Chum > Chum will work

Once I ran this crazy Jinteki deck, and due to circumstances (had no other ice in hand) had put 3 Chums in a row on a server. At that point it's not even a bluff anymore, it's very nasty and expensive to break for a fort that will cost 3 to rez.

Also Chum + Hunter is nice, because it will take Ninja 7 to break the hunter if he can't break the Chum first. And your whole setup costs 3 credits.

Chumming powerful stuff like Tollbooths will make FFing them harder, as the damage goes through if they bypass the ice. It's just such a fun card.

But I digress ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
Tuism wrote:
argus88 wrote:
haqattaqq wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

The Chum > Hunter combo works because Hunter is insanely cheap for strength 4 - and it's not an exclusively trace ice thing either - Snowflake will also work in the place of Hunter as it's strength 3, which will grow to 5. Hell, even Chum > Chum will work

Only really useful early game though!

Might only be a one time use (may need all you need), but Chum > Data Mine is nice. Could be an early flatline too.

Or Chimera.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.