Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Sinclair
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 12 year old son and I were able to play this game with the expansions and we enjoyed it. Are there any games currently in print that are similar? (what about Dungeon Twister?) Not just that it is played in a dungeon but similar amounts of detail and choices in the game.

Thanks for your help,

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DungeonQuest seems pretty unique in my book. In print, I can't point to any other game with that strange mix of randomness, deadliness, and detail. Other titles that I thought were similar were The Warlock of Firetop Mountain and Cave Troll. Warlock was a Games Workshop title, too, but has been out of print for years. Cave Troll is scheduled for a reprint in the coming year, I'd heard.

Descent, now available, is deadly and detailed, but not so random and certainly not very light. But a lot of fun. Or perhaps the second edition of Runebound, Return of the Heroes, or the new World of Warcraft boradgame may meet your requirements. But none of these take place in a dungeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur that it is hard to find a viable replacement to Dungeonquest. I finally just bit the bullet and purchased a copy off E-Bay. I loved it so much I followed that with both expansions for Christmas. One of the most difficult aspects of the game to simulate is the solo game, which works great. Then the fact that it plays in under an hour and is EXTREMELY hard to beat (if you go for dragon treasure). Truly a classic. If enough of us shout loud enough, maybe we can get it reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

Dungeon Twister is nothing at all like DQ. Dungeon Twister has no luck.

Cave Troll has a dungeon theme, but thats about the only similarity.

DungeonQuest really stands alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swift
Finland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they'll reprint this some day! This is one of my favourite games! Although I've never played it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sinclair
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone for your comments. I guess I will have to look into a few of the recommended current print games along with snagging a copy off of e-bay, which could be very expensive with the expansions.

Worst case scenario is to play my co-workers or may try to buy it from him (which i doubt will happen).

Thanks again,

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sinclair
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone for your comments. I guess I will have to look into a few of the recommended current print games along with snagging a copy off of e-bay, which could be very expensive with the expansions.

Worst case scenario is to play my co-workers or may try to buy it from him (which i doubt will happen).

Thanks again,

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helden in der Unterwelt will be an excellent alternative to Dungeonquest when it is released on English. I would expect this to happen some time this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.