Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to clarify...

You can only make one attack during an attack run. For example, I may fire 1 Torpedo OR Thruster Bombs, but not both in a single attack run.

However, if I have 2 of 3 actions remaining I may conduct two separate attack runs both defending against defense cannons each time.

I just wanted to ensure the difference since gunships attacking gunships/fighters may play 3 hit cards in a single attack against the same unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Gunships may play as many attack cards as they can in an attack against Fighters or another Gunship. This costs 1 Action for the entire ATTACK ,not per card.

Example, I have an Autoblaster Cannon, an Ion Cannon and a Blaster Cannon on a Wing (the other Wing got blown off...)

For one Action, I can attack your Gunship and play 4 Hits (3 from the Autoblaster and 1 from the Wing Blaster) AND one Ionized, for a total of 5 cards.

I would not be able to attack any other Fighters or Gunships that turn, though since A. I am out of cards, and B. I have used the limit of cards for my Weapons.

Now, Attack Runs. If you start the turn in an enemy Carrier Zone, you are free to make up to THREE Attack Runs (one per action) assuming that you have two Wings full of Bombs and a Torpedo. Heck, if you have the Bomb Bay and Advanced Power Generator, you can make FOUR Attack Runs!

I have never seen this happen, but I would like to see the attacking Gunship and defending Carrier after that 4th Run!

You are correct that only one Weapon may be used against the Carrier per Attack Run, and that you must face the Defense Cannons each time.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. For one attack run you can fire 1 weapon. Also you can only fire 1 torpedo a turn, unless you're using the MKII in which case you can fire 2 torpedoes a turn, but still only one per attack run.

Looks like Steve beat me to the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve!

I forgot that the hit icon on weapons dictate the max number of hits allowed per weapon per turn.

Now if I have two functional blaster cannons, I may deal 1 hit for each right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jdlly wrote:
Correct. For one attack run you can fire 1 weapon. Also you can only fire 1 torpedo a turn, unless you're using the MKII in which case you can fire 2 torpedoes a turn, but still only one per attack run.

Fastest Keyboard in the West, my friend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mehr
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape Pod Games wrote:
Jdlly wrote:

Fastest Keyboard in the West, my friend!

But this is the East Coast...! Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C East
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape Pod Games wrote:
Now, Attack Runs. If you start the turn in an enemy Carrier Zone, you are free to make up to THREE Attack Runs (one per action) assuming that you have two Wings full of Bombs and a Torpedo. Heck, if you have the Bomb Bay and Advanced Power Generator, you can make FOUR Attack Runs!

I have never seen this happen, but I would like to see the attacking Gunship and defending Carrier after that 4th Run!

4 attack runs? I will have to try that. I think that I would like to use ion bombs in that case though making it only one defense cannon barrage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hzfreelancer wrote:
Escape Pod Games wrote:

4 attack runs? I will have to try that. I think that I would like to use ion bombs in that case though making it only one defense cannon barrage.

Let me know it turns out. BATTLE REPORT, Mister East!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.