GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,026 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Runebound (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Saw RB Essential Collection at local game store rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT Sept 2013: Please do not geekmail me asking me to buy this and ship it to you! I have moved out of state.

I've seen a lot of posts lately about people not able to find the expansion packs. So thought I'd post this. My local game store has 2 copies of the Essential Collection on their shelf (6-pack of expansions:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=23).

They are
http://megagamingandcomics.com/

MSRP which is $30 I believe, which was an awesome deal for this even when they weren't OOP, as buying each individually would have totaled at least $60 if not $70 MSRP. No idea if they ship but I'm sure if you offer enough for extra handling there'd be a point where they'd be willing, at least domestically.

Heads up that, while they've always been friendly to me, their customer service doesn't have the best reputation, and my attempts at special-ordering (giving them a game name and my phone number) has not worked more often than it has worked. But, seeing as how scarce these are now, thought I'd post this anyhow! Buying things they actually have in stock has never been a problem for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just called them. The guy went over to the section and all he saw was Sands of Al-Kalim. cry

If you are ever in the store again and wouldn't mind nabbing it, I'd paypal the cost+shipping+finder's fee.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
I just called them. The guy went over to the section and all he saw was Sands of Al-Kalim. cry

Jorune

Call them again and tell them it's not on the walls with the boardgames (where all the stand-alone games and big box expansions are).
It's under the display counter where all the small expansions are and small card games like Munchkin and Fluxx etc...
(told you they're not too with it )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Jorune wrote:

Jorune

Call them again and tell them it's not on the walls with the boardgames (where all the stand-alone games and big box expansions are).
It's under the display counter where all the small expansions are and small card games like Munchkin and Fluxx etc...
(told you they're not too with it )

Thanks. He did find it, but said they really couldn't ship it. I offered an incentive and they weren't interested.

It was worth a shot.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like they are rather apathetic about being in business. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"I have a severe allergy to money. The thought of making money makes me break out in hives"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.