Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
For those of you with Rivet Wars on the way(eventually)...what are your plans as concerns painting/not painting the minis?
Paint them all in fine detail!
Speed paint them all with a rudimentary scheme.
Pick a few individuals to paint, but leave most unpainted.
Leave them all unpainted.
Not sure yet.
Have delusions of grandeur to paint them all, but burn out after a half a dozen are done(be honest now!).
      92 answers
Poll created by PKDuke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dreger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paint them all in fine detail! with a caveat: all my SDE stuff must be finished first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
homedrone wrote:
Paint them all in fine detail! with a caveat: all my SDE stuff must be finished first.

Exactly this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked Fine detail. The truth is that I have never painted before. With so many miniatures, I hope to develop my skill to a point that doesn't make me want to cry. then if possible, go back an repaint some of the earlier miniatures.....For now though, I am overwhelmed by the whole buying supplies part lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fubarbox wrote:
I picked Fine detail. The truth is that I have never painted before. With so many miniatures, I hope to develop my skill to a point that doesn't make me want to cry. then if possible, go back an repaint some of the earlier miniatures.....For now though, I am overwhelmed by the whole buying supplies part lol

Don't worry too much about supplies at first. Try some basic paints and a shade lighter for practice with drybrushing. By a black ink and MAYBE a brown to try washing. By a couple different size brushes and a can of spray primer (either white or black; I prefer white, but beginners sometimes like the more mistake friendly black).

Next, pick up some cheap minis in the genre of your choice, spray prime them and start painting. THE key is to start painting. Try similar paints from games workshop, reaper and privateer press (my favorite). GW inks are generally considered the best, so I would skip straight there.

Next, PAINT, PAINT, PAINT. Don't worry so much about color schemes until you find out what brushes you like and develop a more practiced hand. Check out a couple beginner blogs/videos, but ignore the more complex techniques for now. Oh yeah, start PAINTING. Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knatebaker wrote:
homedrone wrote:

Exactly this.

Well, I salute you both. For me, this would entail never playing the game. I enjoy painting, but I am also extremely slow at it. I intend to play the game, probably before the first lick of paint touches any figure - maybe even on the first day it shows up on my doorstep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for paint them all in fine detail although in reality I will paint the basic stuff to tabletop standard and put a bit of extra effort in the heroes. My SDE will be finished before RW is released though (I'm about half way through at the moment)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delusions of grandeur here! Though I already told my 10yr old son that these could be his first minis painting project. I'm hoping to get a painting savant out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Reed
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will probably take a break from painting my Descent miniatures once this arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My plan is to give them a quick wash to drop in shadow, then hit them with some light dry brush.

If I am not happy, I will add some face tint and some spot color.

But fine detail?

Naw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lewis
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will by first painting project, so... paint a few to start with, but play the unpainted miniatures immediately upon arrival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Kratzer
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knatebaker wrote:
homedrone wrote:

Exactly this.

So hypothetically paint them....lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
poules poules
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paint them all as quickly as possible for the "soldiers" and more carefully for the "Heros"... I count around 2 or 3 months for the overall kickstarter...

like I do for my SDE AND my Zombicide AND my Space Hulk V.1 with the 2 expansions... 2 months of painting each of them... surprise

My gallery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.