Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was recently cleaning out the game cabinet to make room for new aquisitions, when I stumbled upon this stinker....and shuddered. My son got it for Christmas yeras ago (pirates were all the rage, and you know how Grammas can be) and it's been played less than once. That's right, it got pulled out one night when my table top RPG group was between campaigns, and it was so bad we couldn't even bring ourselves to finish. Needless to say, it has languished in shame ever since.

I'm not real optomistic about my chances of unloading it whole on anybody else, unless I can find some completely unsuspecting individual. Even then, I'm not sure I could sell it with a clean conscience. So does anyone have any suggestions for uses for the components? Other games that would benefit from the tokens ro whatnot? I'm relatively new to the "serious gaming" scene, so my knowledge is pretty limited.
blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife gives piano lessons to several of the young children. They bring a friend or two with them. While one is having the lesson the others play games, often with me. Gotta get them started on board games young right? Anyway, they often ask for this game. Same when the young grandkids (or great-grandkids) come. This game sometimes gets asked for if they stay overnight for a while. Me, I hate the game, but they like it, I don't know why.

Oh, they also like to play with the ships and/or the pirate figures. I have several other 'piratey' toys around the house in approximately the same scale (of each) so the pirates/ships fight toy dinosaurs too. Hey, there's a new game with that theme, Pirates vs. Dinosaurs, coming out this year; that'll keep 'em interested matey. Better that than dragging out the Playmobile versions!

Anyway, you could give it away to a young child, maybe get about $8 on eBay for it or wait for the next pirate-tpye show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't it come with a cool die?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninjabob wrote:
Doesn't it come with a cool die?
Yes, six gold colored d6 with the six in the shape of a skull.
And I almost forgot 50 soft plastic Gold dubloons.
And a nifty/nasty painted pirate skull about 5 inches high.
Arrrggggghhhh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the components are really cool. Too bad they're accompanying such a stinker of a game....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.