Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can both of the Mascot leaders be in play at the same time, since they have different names?

The cheat cards list attacking as an option with "heroes." Leaders are not heroes, but leaders can attack, so I assume this is just a mistake on the card?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromus wrote:
Can both of the Mascot leaders be in play at the same time, since they have different names?

I suppose they could XD
The doppelganger lets any leader play against any other leader, so "mirror matches" are not strictly banned by the game. Play the way you like!

Zeromus wrote:
The cheat cards list attacking as an option with "heroes." Leaders are not heroes, but leaders can attack, so I assume this is just a mistake on the card?

Thanks!

Yes, leaders can also attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tan
United States
South San Francisco
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
There is only one choice and the brave make it. Fly from the path.
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same question. It says in the rulebook if you both choose the same leader, you have to bury it, draw, and then choose again. You're saying that isn't true for the mascots, since they have different names?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
discordjack wrote:
We had the same question. It says in the rulebook if you both choose the same leader, you have to bury it, draw, and then choose again. You're saying that isn't true for the mascots, since they have different names?

I'm just saying that in general if you feel like playing a mirror match, you should go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
flag msg tools
Related question: does the Mascot's leader ability include the use of an attack power from the just recruited hero? Or does the Mascot leader only allow regular melee / ranged free attacks after recruiting?

Do revived units count as recruited, too? The answer I found were diffuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteWalker wrote:
Related question: does the Mascot's leader ability include the use of an attack power from the just recruited hero? Or does the Mascot leader only allow regular melee / ranged free attacks after recruiting?
Yes, the Mascots give a free Attack Action: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/16555816#16555816.

WhiteWalker wrote:
Do revived units count as recruited, too? The answer I found were diffuse.
No, they do not count as recruited: units are recruited with a Recruit action (nothing in the rules lets us think any differently), and the reason why revived units cannot perform an Attack action in the same wave is given in the rules as a new rule (from the 2012 PDF version: "a hero must be alive at the start of a wave in order to make an attack"), not as the "exclusive actions" rule (which forbids Recruit+Attack in the same turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.