GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,184 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Louis Fleetwood
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First what's the quality difference between standard and premium?

Secondly i've been gating conflicting info over which sleeve sizes I need for killer bunnies and I think it might be due to different printings being different sizes.
I just got remix because I figured it'd be perfect for light play while I'm getting the deluxe edition for the full experience.

I don't have the deluxe set yet but the remix cards seem to match the chimera(orange) types measurements while I was told to get the green packs.
and it looks like I'll have to go with the mini chimaera(red) for the small cards though they'll be a bit big.

Killer Bunnies Remix card count and measurements(count from box):

Large Cards: # of 310 - 64 x 89mm
Small Cards: # of 45 - 38 x 64

I can't get more precise than full mm without buying a new tape measure.

As a special note Remix doesn't include Roonie's Weapon Shop our the defense cards.

I will update this post when I get the box set and I might get a regular set for comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa! surprise

Not sure I would waste the money on sleeving this game, however the difference between standard and premium is the thickness of the sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thickness of the sleeve is the difference between standard and premium.

If you do sleeve, I'd strongly recommend avoiding Mayday sleeves. It will save you A LOT of frustration...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Fleetwood
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How so? I keep hearing back and forths about them and Fantasy Flight in a similar vein to pc vs mac and it seems to stem from 1 or 2 bad batches that weren't caught in time.

And the Killer Bunnies Deluxe set is over $200 after sales tax, you bet your -blank- I'm sleeving it.

Edit: And why does every one here seem to treat Killer Bunnies like its worthless, its a fun game and no more over priced than most other expandable card games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daminite wrote:
How so? I keep hearing back and forths about them and Fantasy Flight in a similar vein to pc vs mac and it seems to stem from 1 or 2 bad batches that weren't caught in time.

It's an ongoing issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Fleetwood
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm, any recommendations then? ffg doesn't seem to make many sizes and i'm largely disappointed with ultrapro over the years making my tcg decks look like three times as many cards and not even half as stable. not to mention the obnoxious shiny medallion that is always in the wrong place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, FFG's Standard Card Game (Grey) sleeves will fit them. 63.5 X 88 MM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daminite wrote:
hmm, any recommendations then? ffg doesn't seem to make many sizes and i'm largely disappointed with ultrapro over the years making my tcg decks look like three times as many cards and not even half as stable. not to mention the obnoxious shiny medallion that is always in the wrong place.
FFG do make many sizes.

SWAN makes even more.

Large, 64 x 89 you say.

I assume FFG standard card game sleeve will fit those (63.5 x 88 MM stated on the webpage.)

Small, 38 x 64 claimed by you.

FFG mini american (41x63 MM stated on webpage) should fit those.

So there you go.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

Not all too hard.

(Don't worry about 89 and 64 vs 88 and 63, the FFGs got a rather large over hang over the card so the card won't stick out. The 63.5 vs 64 mm is an issue but I just suppose it will be standard.)

Mayday would be std card usa game I suppose (but they to say 63.5 and some people think their sleeves are too fit for their cards so if the cards really ARE 64 mm you may be in trouble with those) and there was no smaller than mini usa from Mayday either so I don't get the difference now after checking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daminite wrote:

And the Killer Bunnies Deluxe set is over $200 after sales tax, you bet your -blank- I'm sleeving it.

Edit: And why does every one here seem to treat Killer Bunnies like its worthless, its a fun game and no more over priced than most other expandable card games.

Killer Bunnies is an ok game up until the end, where someone who plays like crap all game and only collects one carrot as long as they have the magic carrot they win. What fun is that, strategy has nothing to do with the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
Killer Bunnies is an ok game up until the end, where someone who plays like crap all game and only collects one carrot as long as they have the magic carrot they win. What fun is that, strategy has nothing to do with the win.

Devil's advocate -> Your likelihood of winning is directly proportional to the number of carrots you have. IIRC, the full game has 25 carrots. If you only have 1 carrot, you have only a 4% chance of winning.

Skilled play, theoretically, should increase the number of carrot cards you have at the end of the game and, consequently, your chances of winning.

This isn't much different than in any other game where luck plays a factor, except that the application of the luck is so damn obvious instead of being folded into multiple independent events over the course of the game.

As far as sleeving the game goes... Wow. That's a frightening prospect. I'm not going to dig my copy out, but the stack of all the cards was probably a foot and a half tall. Sleeving all of them would probably make it closer to 3 feet.

And how the hell are you going to shuffle them sleeved? The only way to shuffle the game unsleeved is by washing the deck on the table. That's not possible with sleeves, as you'd end up destroying a good chunk of your sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Fleetwood
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
Daminite wrote:

Not much different from munchkin in that respect from the games I've played and it doesn't get much of any criticism.

As for the measurements I took I rounded up to full mm and this is the Remix set which may vary in size from other versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Daminite wrote:
Not much different from munchkin in that respect from the games I've played and it doesn't get much of any criticism.

wow surprise

Munchkin is one of the more commonly derided games here on the 'Geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Fleetwood
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been in the site for years but I'm new to the form but it seems everywhere I go its ether munchkin, magic or warhammer(or another figure game) that every one is playing.

I mean neither munchkin or killer bunnies are intended to be taken seriously but killer bunnies seems to be the one that gets the short end. I even like them both but munchkin still seems to get more respect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daminite wrote:
And the Killer Bunnies Deluxe set is over $200 after sales tax...

You mean the Kickstarted Deluxe LIMITED edition, right? The old Deluxe edition (with the blue and yellow starter decks) is under $30.

The coating (plastic?) on the cards in Killer Bunnies feels thick, much more so than most of the card games I own. The cards have a really high gloss that resists damage well. One of the few games I think might NOT be worth sleeving.

But if you do, the difference between Mayday premium and standard sleeves is like night and day. The premiums are excellent, with the standards much less so.

That said, sleeving 770 large cards and 94 small ones will not be cheap if you opt for premium sleeves.

As to Killer Bunnies being treated as if it was worthless, I own the game (picked up at a thrift store for $2), and while my son likes the game, I just don't have fun playing it. I don't even mind the endgame "random" carrot issue, since I agree with the point of raising your chance for a win by getting more carrot cards. I see nothing wrong with that ending. I just find playing the game a chore, which makes the game seem to go on endlessly, a la Munchkin, with which Killer Bunnies shares much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Fleetwood
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for the premium sleeves do they thicken the cars as much as illy ultrapro or only slightly more than the standard? I want to be able to fit things in their original packaging whenever possible.

I'm also getting quarriors, munchkin deluxe, and frag in the mail and I want to sleeve them too.

For me I sleeve games to ensure that they survive as many cheetos fingers as possible and I want more regulatory than I would get with lamination in the same price range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daminite wrote:
So for the premium sleeves do they thicken the cars as much as illy ultrapro or only slightly more than the standard? I want to be able to fit things in their original packaging whenever possible.

I'm also getting quarriors, munchkin deluxe, and frag in the mail and I want to sleeve them too.

For me I sleeve games to ensure that they survive as many cheetos fingers as possible and I want more regulatory than I would get with lamination in the same price range.
Seem like Mayday Premium are 90 micron thick.

Inbetween Arcane tinmen 80 and FFG 100.

Doubt the difference from ultra pros are really noticable.

I don't know what illy is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Fleetwood
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I'm doing this on my phone and the auto correct dies strange things some times. Didn't catch that one.

I wish I knew someone who had the sleeves so I could check them out. So the standard are the thin cellophane like ones or are they sturdier than that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daminite wrote:
Sorry, I'm doing this on my phone and the auto correct dies strange things some times. Didn't catch that one.

I wish I knew someone who had the sleeves so I could check them out. So the standard are the thin cellophane like ones or are they sturdier than that?
I don't know if they are penny sleeves thick or thicker sorry :/

Standard ones seem to be 40 micron if that helps.

I didn't got that illy was a spelling mistake and I still have no idea what it was supposed to be . English isn't my native tounge but I later tried to do a dictionary search with no result

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Fleetwood
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
don't worry about it, i have no idea either. i think my phone just threw out a random word.

i looked it up

Quote:
illy
Adverb

illy (comparative more illy, superlative most illy)

1 Badly; poorly.

and if you go by price they may be penny sleeves i'll just have to get a pack and find out. i've been trying to avoid wasting money since i just spent so much already and the premium sleeves might be a wast too if they make the stack unstable like ultrapro always did to my ccg cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daminite wrote:
and if you go by price they may be penny sleeves i'll just have to get a pack and find out. i've been trying to avoid wasting money since i just spent so much already and the premium sleeves might be a wast too if they make the stack unstable like ultrapro always did to my ccg cards
I think premiums will.
I don't know if 90 micron is each side or the complete pouch, 2*90 = 180, 100 cards = 18 mm extra, add some air and maybe you can are seeing 25? =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.