ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Kenneth Deal WW 2 Belgium 1944/45
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a GEARS OF WAR game I would like to trade. Is there a special section of BBG where trading is arranged?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On your profile page, you can go into "Owned" and mark games "for trade" (just click the box that says "Owned" then check "for trade"). If you haven't marked games as owned yet, you've got to do that first.

If there's a game you're interested in, go to it's page and mark it as "Want in trade" (at the very bottom of the page, sometimes you have click "Record Information" first to see where you can mark it as "Want in Trade."

Now once you have a game for trade and you've marked a games as "Want in trade," you can go to that game's page and, under "Statistics," click "find trade matches." From there it's really intuitive.

It's a lot easier than it sounds and it helps you trim the fat. By that I mean you can find a compatible match if there is in fact one to find.

NOTE: There are other ways of trading, such as "flea maret" threads where folks just throw offers at each other. Some like them, others don't (I for one would rather propose a trade for exactly what I want).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to what Mike said, you can also go to My Geek/Trades and look for all matches of people trading what you want who want what you are trading.

There is also a forum where you can post specific requests: http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/13/boardgamegeek/trades

And there are also "Math Trades" (which don't actually involve any math), which can be very helpful. You can look at (and subscribe to) Math Trade Announcements Thread and see the Math trade guide

EDIT: Also, when you find a potential direct trade, it's generally better to send geekmail first, rather than an actual trade proposal. There are various reasons, but regardless of the "why", I recommend that approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just don't do what someone did to me recently and ask to trade your Gears Of War for something they have that you want but which they haven't marked as 'For Trade' (even if they have marked Gears Of War as something they 'Want To Buy').

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.