GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,612 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played two games with datadrivenfootballs 2012 baltimore and san francisco charts.

The first game was saturday the day before the superbowl as me and a friend played head to head.My friend took san fran and I was baltimore.
the first quarter was a little back and forth and ended up with baltimore holding a 7-3 advantage. In the second half baltimore hit on 2 different 78 yard gains on breakaways and also scored a field goal right before halftime to jump out to a 24-3 halftime lead. The ravens get the ball first after halftime and they run back the kickoff for a TD! Pretty amazing but even more amazing when it happened the next day for real! So with the ravens now having a 31-3 lead the 49ers put together a nice drive and kick another field goal to make it 31-6.49ers kickoff and the ravens run back another kickoff for a touchdown and a 38-6 lead. The 49ers would run back an interception for a touchdown to make it 38-13.With the 3rd quarter winding down the 49ers drive back down the field and go for it on 4th and goal on the 6 but come up short.
We decide to call it quits as a 49er comeback looks unlikely.

On superbowl sunday morning I did a solataire match between the two teams and it was a lower scoring affair.There was no score until midway thru the second quarter when san fran kicks a FG and a 3-0 lead. San fran also gets a turnover and uses the good field position to score a touchdown and a 10-0 lead.Baltimore drives down the field right before half and gets a penalty on a third down play which san fran accepts to try and push them out of field goal range but it backfires and the ravens hit a big play that puts them first and goal at the 4 yard line.The raven then score a TD right before halftime to make it a 10-7 game.Baltimore would then get a FG halfway thru the third quarter to tie it at 10-10 but san fran scores a TD right at the end of the third quarter to go back up 17-10.The ravens did get a FG halfway thru the 4th quarter but that is all the scoring there was as the 49ers hold on to a 17-13 win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Pisarz, Jr.
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing the sessions. Another community member corresponded with me directly sharing his preplay and it was very similar to your second game, more of a defensive struggle with SF holding on to win. I ran ten PC simulations of the game with a fairly wide variation in results with SF winning six of ten. To me this is why the game is so great... you get feel of the game with reasonable accuracy but then you also see the range of what could've been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for making the superbowl charts available to try again this year Ron. The game versus my friend baltimore really got 28 points on those 4 big plays.My friend could not believe when during the superbowl baltimore ran back the second half kickoff just like in our game.Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.