GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,574 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a soldier starts the scenario unspotted inside the building what is the procedure for spotting him assuming he doesn't reveal himself by shooting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich bran
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
From what I understand From the rules,he would have to shoot, then the building would be spotted, or you would have other troops to go in to clear the building. Rules state soldiers inside buildings are never spotted; instead the building is spotted as being occupied by the enemy. So if another spotted soldier enters the building, then the building is spotted and can be fired upon. When a spotted building is fired upon, you check for any hits, if hits are scored then you make an identity check,alternating between players in the building,going by initiative, then Owner draws action cards until one is pulled with the soldiers name on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mell444 wrote:
From what I understand From the rules,he would have to shoot, then the building would be spotted, or you would have other troops to go in to clear the building. Rules state soldiers inside buildings are never spotted; instead the building is spotted as being occupied by the enemy. So if another spotted soldier enters the building, then the building is spotted and can be fired upon. When a spotted building is fired upon, you check for any hits, if hits are scored then you make an identity check,alternating between players in the building,going by initiative, then Owner draws action cards until one is pulled with the soldiers name on it.

Thanks Rich. I understood all the other rules cases and I was leaning towards the answer you gave for the case I asked about, ie if they start in the building hidden then the only way to "spot" them, if they don't expose themselves, is to enter the building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carroll Best
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rich's explanation is how I played Pontigou Farm as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, when I read through the spotting rules for X-terrain buildings I took it as making your spotting attempt against the building itself. This would in turn have all enemy troops inside "spotted" going forward. It would then allow you to fire upon the building in hopes of hitting (randonly) one of its occupants. Once the building is spotted, if anyone where to leave they would take that spotted status with them. Of course by having a spotted soldier enter the building it is then by default spotted.
Now what was a little less clear was Hiding with in an X-terrain building. I would assume that it only take one soldier to have a successful Hide attempt to remove the spotted token from the building.

Just reread the rules on this, I guess I should have done that first. The Hide is done by the soldier with the highest Cover value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:
Funny, when I read through the spotting rules for X-terrain buildings I took it as making your spotting attempt against the building itself. This would in turn have all enemy troops inside "spotted" going forward. It would then allow you to fire upon the building in hopes of hitting (randonly) one of its occupants. Once the building is spotted, if anyone where to leave they would take that spotted status with them. Of course by having a spotted soldier enter the building it is then by default spotted.
Now what was a little less clear was Hiding with in an X-terrain building. I would assume that it only take one soldier to have a successful Hide attempt to remove the spotted token from the building.

Just reread the rules on this, I guess I should have done that first. The Hide is done by the soldier with the highest Cover value.

If spotted then a hide action is taken by the soldier with the highest cover value.

The building has to be spotted to be fired on (by a soldiers weapons) so this all makes sense to me. You know someone is inside but not necessarily where.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.