Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondered if anyone could suggest an AP that had the most Conspiracy cards in it. I read in a list that Conspiracies of Chaos had seven but is there one that has more?

Thank so much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, that's the most by far. The next closest packs have two each: Dunwitch Denizens and Lost Rites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that's right.

Are you considering building a conspiracy deck? I tried a few times because a) they are cool, b) they come as a surprise to your opponent. Not too successful but I do like the look on my opponents' faces when I play them out ... that confused scowl as they reach for the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooooh..... I never even thought of an all conspiracy deck. I just like the conspiracy cards and wanted as many as I could get my hands on.. But now that you mention it, hmmmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, each player can only have one Conspiracy in play at a time, so there's a practical upper limit of how many to take. Typically a "conspiracy deck" will feature 1 or 2 types of Conspiracies, and actually 3x one type is usually enough because several of the Conspirator characters have ways to help you find them.

Then you'll potentially include some Conspirators and other cards that synergize well with the benefits that Conspiracy provides.

Note that some Conspiracies provide their main value while in play rather than by winning them. So, you might NOT want to win these right away. Instead they'll provide some effect that applies to both characters but your deck will be designed to take more advantage of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
My most successful conspiracy deck was an MU/Twilight deck featuring that double-Investigation conspiracy that pulls another copy of itself out of your deck when you score it. When that decks fires, it is hard for your opponent to stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My best success with a conspiracy so far has been Combing the Archives (LR) in a MU/Yog deck (with Elder Things and Shoggoths making up the Yog end). Being able to dominate in investigation on a conspiracy with an extra investigation struggle means the ability to gobble it up right quick, the arcane struggles were a cinch for my deck, and there were no terror or combat struggles to get in the way!

I'm currently prepping a conspiracy deck that I've been wanting to build for a long time, with Silver Twilight conspirators and politicians plus Cthulhu Serpents. The conspiracies are Behind the Door and Taming the Storm (both from Yuggoth Contract packs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general the most recent Conspiracies have been really good I think.

Probably a few episodes down the line we should do a segment on Conspiracies/Conspirators for Elder Things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.