GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Defenders of the Realm» Forums » General

Subject: Partial color blind-will I have problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have issues with certain shades of reds and greens sometimes and because the Defenders play board seems rather drab I was wondering if this may be an issue for me? This has deterred me from picking it up as I don't have anyone in the area where I can actually play it first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
Sword, Board and Pen
badge
Hey! I run a board game blog at swordboardandpen.com! Come check it out!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak to it right away, but my father is color blind. I'm seeing him on Saturday...if you don't get any advice by then (which I'm assuming you will) I can take the board and some pieces and ask him.

Sorry I can't be more help...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I need to study the pictures here in the geek a little better but so far it's hard for me to tell and everyone's eyes are a little different. Just wondering if it's ever been an issue for someone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... perhaps knowing which minions to place... as all the minions are the same sculpt and are depicted as such on the Darkness spreads cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am concerns with the colored circles on the actual board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son in law is color blind. He sees most things in shades of green and has no problem playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Minions are fine. Those circles will trip you up, but unless you are playing solo, just check with another player when playing with red or green circles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dojogrant wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Minions are fine. Those circles will trip you up, but unless you are playing solo, just check with another player when playing with red or green circles.

I plan on playing solo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

All locations have an image and title which is referenced on the card and the board. So from that perspective you should be fine.

The only two places it might trip you up (and this depends on what sort of colour blindness and how pronounced it is) is:
When placing minions from the Darkness Spreads cards, the image of the minion (not general) next to the location has no indication as to what colour/type it is other than its colour.

The other area you might be caught out is when using something like the Ranger's ability that is dependent on Green locations.

I hope that helps.
Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Defenders regularly with a guy that is pretty red-green colorblind (always makes choosing games to play kind of fun.) He's never had a problem in playing. But, as you say, everyone's vision is a bit different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Verbiest
Belgium
Kaprijke
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you shouldn't have real problems when playing solo. The darkness spread cards is the only potential problem but all green locations have 'forest', 'green', 'woods' or 'glade' in them, so you will learn that pretty quickly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.