Popular Tags: [View All]
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that it's not soo old news
Caylus is available at BSW - starting today at 8 pm here in germany.
http://www.brettspielwelt.de/gate/jsp/de/news.jsp
Have fun and enjoy the game,
Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Boykin
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information! I had no idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beth Raphael
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You made my day!!!
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's not odd that a lot of the news go unnoticed by many of the players on BSW since it's only available in german.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no! There's at least one friend I'll probably never see again if he can sit at home and play Caylus all day long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
And so goes Caylus...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Becker
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
And so goes Caylus...

Exactly my thoughts. BSW ruined Princes of Florence for me. Too many friends were playing it all the time and only discussing if a jester should cost 1200 or 1100 or 1300...zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody speaking French or English would be willing to show me how to play Caylus? I'm not sure if I want to buy it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how Caylus can make #1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Burzum wrote:
It's not odd that a lot of the news go unnoticed by many of the players on BSW since it's only available in german.

Caylus is not a language dependent game. How is it only available in German? Does the interface have a lot of German text?

It isn't up yet. What is 8pm CET equal to in EST?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The interface of BSW is in Germain, I think that's what he meant. As for the time difference, it's 6 or 7 hours later here in the EST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My poor family. They thought I was spending the last day of my vacation with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
I notice the rules info they have up (in German) list the game as 3-5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ze news are only available in german. The interface is for the most part available in english if you change the language.

On the official website the latest news on the english "BrettspielWelt' daily" is from 2003.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:

...or fall out of the top 5...

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh geez ... as if I hadn't already gotten completely hooked on it.

I may have to quit my job now and play 24/7!

(Then again, after a long break for teachers, I guess I should reconsider.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a URL that discusses the user interface?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmucchiello wrote:
I notice the rules info they have up (in German) list the game as 3-5 players.

Actually, it is 1 to 5 players. Yes, you can play solo Caylus! I just played a game of it to remind me of the mechanics and get used to the interface. Frankly, I think it's a pretty good design for the most part.

The only issue I've seen so far is perhaps something I learned wrong - it won't let you continue to select an item on the favor track if you have already maxed out for that level (or even the highest level). Maybe I just learned that wrong. It would be a shame since my current PP strategy is based on being able to bump up against those caps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burzum wrote:
Ze news are only available in german. The interface is for the most part available in english if you change the language.

On the official website the latest news on the english "BrettspielWelt' daily" is from 2003.

Well yes the bsw news thing which starts when you run bsw client is in german, but the name of the game is the same Caylus, so even if I don't know what what the rest of the news say I recognize Caylus, and plus it says something about 20 hours...so it means 8PM german time, I know it's a new game. See no need to know german on bsw. =) THe interface looks language independent. I don't know how to play so I haven't played it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasen Robillard
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheylon wrote:

The only issue I've seen so far is perhaps something I learned wrong - it won't let you continue to select an item on the favor track if you have already maxed out for that level (or even the highest level). Maybe I just learned that wrong. It would be a shame since my current PP strategy is based on being able to bump up against those caps.

This may be a rule misinterpretation. The BSW implementation does not allow you to use a single favor track multiple times within the same phase. So if you build a blue upgrade using the favor track, you cannot once again trigger another build favor by upgrading to a blue building with a favor on it. Make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:

Good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caesarmom wrote:
Oh no! There's at least one friend I'll probably never see again if he can sit at home and play Caylus all day long.

Yep, you'll never see me again.... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always find information about how to use BSW at brettspielwelt.info. A site that TheBoomer set up as a gentle introduction to BSW for non-German speaking, English speakers. Very handy... Also, there are communities of players within BSW (eg, EnglishTown) that cater to English speakers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Baldboy_1 wrote:

This may be a rule misinterpretation. The BSW implementation does not allow you to use a single favor track multiple times within the same phase. So if you build a blue upgrade using the favor track, you cannot once again trigger another build favor by upgrading to a blue building with a favor on it. Make sense?

That was how the rules were explained to me. No using the same favor in the same phase. If it's a misinterpretation, it's a common one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheylon wrote:

I believe you should be able to select a favor that you have already maxed out, in order to earn the favor again. (Though of course never twice in a single phase.) I have not yet tried it on BSW....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.