Weaver Project
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Good morning guys,

Some of you may be aware that we have produced a game called Empires Collide. It has gone through a number of play tests and currently is on Kickstarter (at Empires Colide). However, that is not to say that we do not want more and more people tresting the game to ensure it is perfect when it hits the market (assuming Kickstarter is successful).

We are therefore looking for groups of playtesters in the South East of England to have a go at our prototype and provide feedback. The prototypes are large and not ideal to post/courier, so we were looking to organise a day/evening of playtesting. Is there anyone out there would would like to participate in such an event?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Don't try and stop me or the meeple gets it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sevenoaks? Yeah I would be interested and could probably find a few others interested depending on time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to consider taking it among to a Playtest meetup. They also have a guild on BGG if you want more info.

It's run by
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Panic!
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
STAG Gamers - The friendliest group in Kent
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

I'm running a group who meet once a week in Sevenoaks, and also am part of the weekly Ashford group, so would be interested in getting involved, and can spread the word to see who else would be interested in attending an event.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weaver Project
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Steve,

Thanks for the reply. What day of the week do you guys meet? and if you know of others that would be interested I'd be pleased to have as many testers as possible.

Regards,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weaver Project
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Lloyd,

It would be great to have more info. I'mn still new to BBG so don't understand how the guilds work - perhaps you could shed some light on it for me :-)

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weaver Project
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Graham,

Thanks for the response. Once a day has been wordked out I will drop you a line and see if you and any others are available. Sevenoaks is ideal, but if there were a number of testers in a particular place travelling wouldnt be a problem.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gough
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wanted to bring a copy up to Colchester Board Games Club you would get a group or two to playtest. We meet the second Friday each month so you would be looking at the 8th March now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Don't try and stop me or the meeple gets it.
mbmbmbmbmb
weaverproject wrote:
Graham,

Thanks for the response. Once a day has been wordked out I will drop you a line and see if you and any others are available. Sevenoaks is ideal, but if there were a number of testers in a particular place travelling wouldnt be a problem.

Chris

Some of my regular gaming friends are in Tonbridge and the surrounding area. I'm sure the 'long' journey to Sevenoaks could be made if you have a playtest event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Panic!
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
STAG Gamers - The friendliest group in Kent
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weaverproject wrote:
Steve,

Thanks for the reply. What day of the week do you guys meet? and if you know of others that would be interested I'd be pleased to have as many testers as possible.

Regards,

Chris

Chris,

The Sevenoaks group meets (almost) every Thursday, 7:30pm at the White Hart pub on the Tonbridge Road in Sevenoaks. We number between 3 and 6 normally (although we have 26 members). If the playtest is likely to take longer than our session gives us, then we should be able to find a local venue for getting together that doesn't need us to leave at any particular time.

The Ashford group meet every Sunday at 7pm, and there are around 10 experienced gamers at each session. I'm happy to get involved with either group, and would have planty of willing volunteers.

I would also definitely agree with Lloyd with regards to seeking out Rob over this - he runs a group specifically aimed at playtesting, and ran the playtest zone at the UK Games Expo last year - there is no better man for the job!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
weaverproject wrote:
Lloyd,

It would be great to have more info. I'mn still new to BBG so don't understand how the guilds work - perhaps you could shed some light on it for me :-)

Chris

Hi Chris, the play test guild is here where you'll find details of their next events. They're also on meetup.com - just search for 'playtest'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sweetsweetdoughnuts wrote:
weaverproject wrote:
Lloyd,

Chris

Hi Chris, the play test guild is here where you'll find details of their next events. They're also on meetup.com - just search for 'playtest'

Hi Chris,

Playtest is a monthly meetup for Games designers and playtesters in London and Cambridge.

Our next meeting is on Sunday 17th February 1pm-8pm at the Jugged Hare pub, Victoria. There are details on our website here: www.playtest.co.uk & on our meetup page here: www.meetup.com/Playtest

It is free to join and come along. We are a friendly community with nearly 150 members, that are interested in playing games and providing feedback and advice for each other.

Be great if you are free on the 17th. I look forward to giving your game a play.

Cheers, Rob

P.S. Thanks for the mention, Lloyd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weaver Project
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Thanks again to all of you who have responded to this thread. We are working out timings for playtests over the next week or so and I will likely be in contact with some of you, either directly or on this thread, to arrange a test in the Sevenoaks area, and a couple more further afield.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.