6 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some random questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
yell armageddon
msg tools
Hello there,

I hope i did not create duplicates here, but browsing the rules section i could not find these questions here:

a) Lets say there is a room on fire with a cultist inside. Player A stands right on front of it. On the beginning of the players turn, using a mythos card, somehow player A takes 1 horror. There is a trauma card that forces the player to move 3 spaces. Can the keeper move him into the room with fire and cultist, forcing 2 horror checks. Then move him out and in again, forcing 2 further horror checks?

b) If the keeper moves a Player through a door and the keeper has to make a willpower check, whenever he passes a door, does he have to test willpower?

c) is there a limit on the amount of trauma cards played on a player per turn? For example Player A has the silver key and needs to move down a very long hallway. If he, somehow recieves horror once, I use a trauma card and force him to move 3 spaces back. Can I then use a second trauma card to do this again? (does he have to recieve a second horror to be able to play the second trauma card?)

[ Overall I find this 'moving' way to strong. A player had to bring the silver key to a locked door with the next clue. I was able to move this player 8 spaces and lock him in a 1x1 room, so basically delaying the game for all players by 4 turns.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
a) You never need to make two horror checks against the same thing in the same turn.

b) Yes.

c) You can play as many traumas as you want, but the investigator needs to take a new horror for you to play each one - you can't play all of your traumas off a single horror.

(And Panic is certainly one of the strongest traumas. Your players should bear in mind that the Run action exists.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yell wrote:
[ Overall I find this 'moving' way to strong. A player had to bring the silver key to a locked door with the next clue. I was able to move this player 8 spaces and lock him in a 1x1 room, so basically delaying the game for all players by 4 turns.]

Also remember that one person doesn't have to be the cluehunter the entire time. You can have one investigator move two spaces and drop the key, then another investigator in the room picks up the key and moves two spaces, moving they key at least 4 spaces in one turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Australia
SOUTH PERTH
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iammars wrote:
Also remember that one person doesn't have to be the cluehunter the entire time. You can have one investigator move two spaces and drop the key, then another investigator in the room picks up the key and moves two spaces, moving they key at least 4 spaces in one turn.

it's an action to drop the key
it's an action to explore the room and pick the key up

you might be able to get some efficiency in a big room (2+ spaces), but everyone needs to be on just the right spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yell armageddon
msg tools
@salty53: Thanks for the quick reply.

I also thought about dropping keys and picking them up. Usually the other team members have enough time to arrange themselves at the right spot. However as a good (read: evil) keeper, to counter this strategy you would just have to play your stuff after the first person (the keyholder) finished his second step and then move him away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@Isolator: It depends on the situation, but as long as the investigators are relatively close together, it's not too hard. (If you split up, it's a risk that you know you're taking, so meh)

@yell: Don't forget that the Keeper's way of interacting with the players on their turn is Mythos cards, and depending on the restriction of the mythos card they might not be able to play the mythos card after the keybearer's 2nd move. But agreed, that would be optimal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.