Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is the first time either game has been free.

Galaxy on Fire 2 HD itunes store link.

Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD is a premium-quality 3D space combat and trading simulation with adventure and RPG elements. Take over the role of the hot-headed space war veteran Keith T. Maxwell and save the galaxy from its impeding destruction by the hands of devious alien raiders, ruthless space pirates and power-crazy madmen!

Great Big War Game itunes store link.

Taking military "advice" from the ridiculous generalissimo, can you battle your way through this truly massive, content-packed military campaign? Plan your missions, deploy your "forces", try not to fall off the sofa laughing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izack Chee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
got them, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave T
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks. I love gof!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Calderon
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Great Big War Game is like Advance Wars, just with 3D graphics instead of the Nintendo anime style. Good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got GoF 2 at the end of November and I know I didn't pay for it. Hm. Maybe it was the non-HD version, although I seem to remember the graphics being pretty nice.

The game was freaking awesome until I got to a battle that was impossible to win. I tried it over and over and over and could not even kill one enemy ship before getting destroyed. It was very strange -- the difficulty level was so far beyond anything I'd experienced in the game to that point that it turned me off the game and I just stopped playing.

I get the feeling that maybe it wanted me to buy a (much) better ship (with real money for IAP). Maybe I'll check it out again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks!

trying to DL now, but wireless connection at work is shit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
fightcitymayor wrote:
Great Big War Game is like Advance Wars, just with 3D graphics instead of the Nintendo anime style. Good game.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but that's really what I was hoping when I was downloading it from the app store. Great to hear, cos I loved Advance Wars!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pugnax555 wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but that's really what I was hoping when I was downloading it from the app store. Great to hear, cos I loved Advance Wars!

Great Big War Game and it's original smaller counterpart Great Little War Game are both fantastic games. Turn based tactical on iOS done right. (and with a great sense of humor too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Johnson
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
NuMystic wrote:
Pugnax555 wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

Great Big War Game and it's original smaller counterpart Great Little War Game are both fantastic games. Turn based tactical on iOS done right. (and with a great sense of humor too)

Can you tell me if Great Little War Game is a subset of Great Big War Game? If I have Big, is there any reason to also have Little?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fiveolddogs wrote:
Can you tell me if Great Little War Game is a subset of Great Big War Game? If I have Big, is there any reason to also have Little?

GLWG isn't a subset, but just about everything was upgraded in the sequel so you may miss a lot going backwards. (no asynch multiplayer, no air force, lower quality graphics)

That said if you generally play solo, and are bored with GBWG, just playing through the solo campaign of GLWG would be worthwhile.

For someone entirely new to the franchise I'd suggest starting with GLWG which is great on it's own and after you've played it completely through moving on to GBWG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Johnson
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
NuMystic wrote:
fiveolddogs wrote:

GLWG isn't a subset, but just about everything was upgraded in the sequel so you may miss a lot going backwards. (no asynch multiplayer, no air force, lower quality graphics)

That said if you generally play solo, and are bored with GBWG, just playing through the solo campaign of GLWG would be worthwhile.

For someone entirely new to the franchise I'd suggest starting with GLWG which is great on it's own and after you've played it completely through moving on to GBWG.

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R J
United States
Oswego
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also available for free on the play store for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.fishlabs.G...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shepherd
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOVED GoF2, and for free! Anyone who doesn't jump on this is mad, I tells ya.

Downloaded Great Big War Game, and I like the game; hate the cutscenes, but I guess I can't complain to much for CAD$0 (USD$0.05).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'm having fun playing through the GBWG campaign. Good times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Despres
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
Saints are 4-4!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoF 2 is a great iPad space dogfight game. I'm really glad I could get in on this for free. I recommend it.

Thanks for the heads up on this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.