Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

City of Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few more rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game for the second time yesterday, and I definitely enjoyed more than the first time. Also, the group I played it with was a better fit so it did help. I am looking forward to giving it another try.

A couple of more questions came up:

1) If the little boy and the little girl are in the same location and both of them hide, no one gets eaten but also no one gets any item on the area?

2) Player A has 2 characters on a location and I have 1 character the same location. If I play a weapon replica to steal the votes from player A, and player A then plays a weapon replica to steal my votes what happens?

My guess is that player A gets his votes backs and steals mine as well.

3) The church location allows you to discard a card to refresh a character. Does the character have to be in the church location? Given that most actions/cards don't follow this rule I am thinking you can use it on a character that is not in the church.

4)How do you determine when to stop playing cards?
There were a few scenarios when two people in a location wouldn't go to an agreement and were waiting for the other one to crack first and use one of their cards to kill the zombies. It was taking too long so I decided that I will count to three and they would have to vote then, or play a card before I get to three. If none of them voted, the first player would choose who gets eaten since it would be a tie.

Do people have a better way to deal with this?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing authoritative, mind you, but here's what I would say...

1) Yes.
2) I agree with your interpretation--the last played card would trump the first in this instance.
3) The person need not be at the church.
4) The way you handled seems best. Someone needs to call the vote and there is no obligation to give anyone any more time than is strictly necessary to play cards/abilities.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue 80
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1) If the little boy and the little girl are in the same location and both of them hide, no one gets eaten but also no one gets any item on the area?

Correct

Quote:
2) Player A has 2 characters on a location and I have 1 character the same location. If I play a weapon replica to steal the votes from player A, and player A then plays a weapon replica to steal my votes what happens?

My guess is that player A gets his votes backs and steals mine as well.


No, you exchange votes (you would get 2, they would get 1), it's in the FAQ on the back page of the rules.

Quote:
3) The church location allows you to discard a card to refresh a character. Does the character have to be in the church location? Given that most actions/cards don't follow this rule I am thinking you can use it on a character that is not in the church.


I can't answer this, but I would play only with characters in the church itself. There are examples of location specific actions: the Rocker, the Geek, the Housewife, The Guard.

Quote:
4)How do you determine when to stop playing cards?


We play with a similar "going going gone" idea.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacky Blue Note wrote:

Quote:
2) Player A has 2 characters on a location and I have 1 character the same location. If I play a weapon replica to steal the votes from player A, and player A then plays a weapon replica to steal my votes what happens?

My guess is that player A gets his votes backs and steals mine as well.


No, you exchange votes (you would get 2, they would get 1), it's in the FAQ on the back page of the rules.


Good to know, thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue 80
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark: I got that wrong as well until someone on the Geek corrected me. Your answer seems logical.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borys Zaba-Zabinski
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1) As per FAQ hidden character can receive items
2) I would say you can only take original vote(s), (A to take only 1 vote off B, leaving him with 2 votes he took from A) - I would like to see some official clarification on this
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rzaba wrote:
1) As per FAQ hidden character can receive items


Anyone can receive items, but if the only characters in a location are hidden the items there do not get distributed; correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borys Zaba-Zabinski
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ says:

Q:Can a hidden character (Little Girl or Little Boy’s power, or Hiding action card) take part in sharing anything ?
A:The character can’t vote, but can receive an item.

I'd say as they can't vote it is a tie and items remains in location
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:
Jacky Blue Note wrote:

Quote:
2) Player A has 2 characters on a location and I have 1 character the same location. If I play a weapon replica to steal the votes from player A, and player A then plays a weapon replica to steal my votes what happens?

My guess is that player A gets his votes backs and steals mine as well.


No, you exchange votes (you would get 2, they would get 1), it's in the FAQ on the back page of the rules.


Good to know, thanks.


Thank you! I can't believe I completely missed that. I may have survived last night .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the quick response!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.