Popular Tags: [View All]
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharon and I are flying to Colorado in February. The first flight to Chicago is about 8 or 9 hours, the transfer to Denver is 2 hours with a 2 hour stopover (I think).

What good games can we take that are aeroplane compatible to help burn the hours away?

Thanks

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Travel Blokus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
There are several geeklists on this topic. This one links to the others:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

Enjoy your Mile High Gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
We played Ceasar&Cleopatra very successfully on a ten-hour flight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
Norbert666 wrote:
Sharon and I are flying to Colorado in February. The first flight to Chicago is about 8 or 9 hours, the transfer to Denver is 2 hours with a 2 hour stopover (I think).

What good games can we take that are aeroplane compatible to help burn the hours away?

Thanks

James

In spite of its OOP nature, I would feel quite remiss not to encourage inquiry into ACE OF ACES: HANDY ROTARY or POWERHOUSE SERIES. Pretty short, fast-moving, perhaps the most portable game ever designed, and theme appropriate to venue as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
You will want something light without a bunch of small pieces that can get lost. Good old fashion Cribbage would be a good choice as you can pick up a small board and a deck of cards.

Look up card games that can be played with two people here on the Geek and look for geek lists about card games. Remember to think light weight and not a lot of loose pieces like money chits and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corsari comes to mind. There are countless other card games to consider as well. Corsari can be played with minimal space, as the cards are kept in your hand for most part until you set sail. You shoud then not have too much trouble grouping them on the table in front of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Imperium...just kidding.
Cribbage is good but why not just score with pen and paper. The board is completely unnecessary in travel conditions. You have enough time to learn Canasta too. Just get a copy of According to Hoyle and two packs of cards and you will be busy all flight. Regular cards may not interest you as much as other games so....
I don't personally like it but Bohnanza might be suitable.
San juan is a game I tried once but I don't know if it would require more space than the fold down tables. Probably it would be fine. Some people like Citadels as a two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Settlers of Catan Travelers Edition? I just saw this in the store the other day and it was so cute I almost bought it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unless you're in first class, even the travel edition of Settlers is a but unwieldy for a plane trip (speaking from experience). But it IS a great edition to take with you to play at your destination.

I second the Hive recommendation. You can easily play that on a single seat back tray.

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.