Popular Tags: [View All]
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://jobs.hasbro.com/job/Pawtucket-Associate-Product-Desig...

Associate Product Designer- Games JobApply now »
Apply now

Start apply with LinkedIn
Start apply with Facebook
Apply Now
Email Please wait...
Hasbro
Date: Feb 6, 2013

Associate Product Designer- Games

Employment Type: Regular
ID: 7752

Description

Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company’s Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. Programming in the U.S. is distributed on The Hub TV Network, a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Through the Company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens.” Learn more at www.hasbro.com.

© 2012 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Position Summary

Combines strong technical design knowledge and organizational skills to manage the design and development of multiple assigned global brands/product. Develops innovative ideas and concepts based on global consumer and market insights.

Ensures overall quality, cost, schedule, and brand consistency for assigned projects. Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in dealing with others and acts as the key liaison with multi-disciplinary teams (i.e. Consumer Insights, Brands Teams and Engineering) on line issues. Participates in product review meetings and other presentations as necessary.

Principle Accountabilities

Manages the creation, schedule, and refinement of product build assembly instructions and other graphic communication elements for the design team as necessary.
- Develops innovative ideas and concepts based on global brands along with consumer and market insights
- Demonstrates a strong, developed sense of creativity and foresight along with sound design judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Ensures feasibility of design executions and that project work meets cost, reliability, schedule, and specification.
- Ensures project design work is suitable for both domestic and international locations
- Leverages internal and external resources and demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
- Demonstrates strong team skills and tact in liaison with internal and external cross-functional partners
- Partners with Marketing, International Marketing, Channel CSM team, and Market Research to understand the market on a global basis along with the near and short-term needs.
- Has strong, compelling presentation skills and participates in product review meetings and presentations to all levels of management.
- Maintains awareness with new technology, consumer trends, design methods
- Travels as necessary to meet project needs and attend industry related events

Key Skills / Experience

A good skills profile is desired and should demonstrate:
- Strong technical design ability with great organizational skills
- Plans effectively, is inquisitive and demonstrates sound judgment in anticipating and solving problems
- Creative thinker, experienced at working in a broad range of creative projects/assignments and is results orientated
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrates leadership qualities in guiding and coaching junior designers and peers
- Strong knowledge of industry (or related field)
- Computer experience with proficiency in illustration, photographic, rendering, video and animation software preferable (Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Passionate, inspirational and able to thrive in a changing environment

Education

Should have appropriate and relevant experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design or related field
- 3-5 years experience in Game/Toy design or consumer product Industrial Design preferable

For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.

J2W Posting Code: Global Design, Engineering and Product Development

Business Unit: Global Development

Nearest Major Market: Providence
Nearest Secondary Market: Rhode Island
Job Segments: Photography, Engineer, Graphic Design, Social Media, TV, Creative, Engineering, Marketing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh...so *that's* what it takes to come up with 20 'new' themed versions of the same 4 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The commute would just be a bit too far for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sweetgotham wrote:
Huh...so *that's* what it takes to come up with 20 'new' themed versions of the same 4 games.

Maybe this post has been vacant for a long time? It certainly seems so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wolfe
United States
Laurel
Delaware
flag msg tools
Pawtucket, RI? You could meet Family Guy!

Wait...didn't he work at a toy factory in the first season? I just put two and two together! Peter worked at Hasbro!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb
SpankyTheElf wrote:
Pawtucket, RI? You could meet Family Guy!

Wait...didn't he work at a toy factory in the first season? I just put two and two together! Peter worked at Hasbro!

As if everything made by Hasbro wasn't made in China *sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This job sounds so... passionless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sweetgotham wrote:

Hasbro does have a factory here in the US, and they do use it to produce parts for their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:

Yeah, nowhere it the job description does it give the impression you might have to create something that might bring joy to people.

There are job adverts for accountants which have more passion in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Canyon wrote:
sweetgotham wrote:

Hasbro does have a factory here in the US, and they do use it to produce parts for their games.

Actually, that is good to know. It will make me more inclined to look for a Made in the USA notation as my son gets older.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Fløe
Denmark
Aarhus C
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Breothain wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:

Yeah, nowhere it the job description does it give the impression you might have to create something that might bring joy to people.

There are job adverts for accountants which have more passion in them.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Fløe
Denmark
Aarhus C
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sometimes I think big corporations (like Hasbro in this example) makes job-descriptions for openings immensely overrated (basically looking for 1 person to fulfill 5 current jobs), to keep their current employees feeling "not worthy", as a trick to make them work their asses off for them.

It's no secret that big corporations is all about money. Studies have shown that if you actually make a psychological evaluation of a corporation, as you would a person, then most of them would be certified psychopaths. They have all the charms, but they sincerely don't give a shit about anyone. It's fucking scary.. (excuse my French soblue).

Any one company or corporation, which would demand this much of any one individual, is clearly not thinking about anything else but exploitation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.