Poland
Opole
opolskie
flag msg tools
badge
Ada&Piotr
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I have the same question as in topic - are goods,represented by cubes, limited?
We didn't find that rule in rulebook.

example: if there are 14 wood cubes on board or/and on ships and someone is going to buy wood:
1) he is blocked and can't buy wood.
2) he may buy wood even there is no wood cube in bank.

Thanks for help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The supply of goods, sailors, forts, basilicas and galleys are all limited. For some of the goods, this is not a problem, as there isnt room for all the goods in the ports. For the other items, the limitations make it necessary to perform some interesting balancing acts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
I can't imagine that this would be an issue as each port can only contain one of each goods type.

IIR, we got wood into almost every port in play and there was still plenty left over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ada & Piotr Urbaniak
Poland
Opole
opolskie
flag msg tools
badge
Ada&Piotr
mbmbmbmbmb
hanks for answers! I thought that resources are limited, but I had to be sure

I know there are cubes equal to number of ports - but hypothetically if one player have some wood on their ships, and ther's no wood cubes in bank because wood is delivered to some ports. If we try to load wood from port - there's no wood...how to explain this with historical theme

As I wrote that is SO SO hypothetical - but we can say player with wood on ships has monopoly on wood and other players can't even build a fort. BUT they must attack him to stole wood, or sink ship to get cubes in bank. That;s why this game is so good

Thanks again guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurutej Khalsa
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our very first game we ran out of wood exactly because people starting earlier in the round loaded up on wood and there was none left for others (may have been several rounds in). Probably wasn't tactically clever to hoard the wood (I think it was rather inexperience), but anyway it happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If cargo has to be discarded (either because someone willingly threw it away to load another good or if there is no room on the victor's boat in the case where cargo is on the boat that has been sunk), is the cube returned to the supply or removed from the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcjsuen wrote:
If cargo has to be discarded (either because someone willingly threw it away to load another good or if there is no room on the victor's boat in the case where cargo is on the boat that has been sunk), is the cube returned to the supply or removed from the game?

Since ships that are sunk return to supply I would think that goods that are "thrown overboard" would be returned as well.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.